Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Injection???

un..inc
04-20-2007, 02:26 PM
So i have a 96 isuzu rodeo 3.2 v6, this is my problem....when i turn on the key, so the car is running off battery, the fuel pump starts up to pressurize, but up by the fuel injectors there is a leak or something sounding like that. this is causing the fuel pump to not shut off....there fore telling me that it is leaking, and losing pressure. what could this be? plugged injectors? dirty? stuck open? what do you think? thanks

djjanke
01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
check the fuel pressure regulator at the back of the fuel rail on the drivers side. with the vehicle off, the regulator should be closed, holding the pressure in the rail. very common misdiagnosis for faulty fuel pump on all makes of vehicles.

Airjer_
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
They fuel pump is running constantly with the key in the run position because there is something wrong with the fuel pump circuit, not because of a leak. The fuel pump only knows on and off. It doesn't care what the pressure is because that is taken care of by the design of the pump and the pressure regulator. nothin on that vehicle monitors fuel pressure and turns on the pump because it is low. If there was a leak that you can hear, than you would either smell it or hydroloc a cylinder if it was an injector leaking. I would start with the fuel pump relay. With an ohm meter you can check for continuity across the power side of the relay. It should be open when it is unplugged. If there is continuity then that is the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!