Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Pontiac Firebird V6

angiemc_7
04-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Hey, everyone I'm new to the forum and I own a 2000 Pontiac Firebird. I am having some issues with my car and I would love to have some input as to what the problem/s might be with it. (I have a list of repairs/replacements currently that I need to have done to it) One thing that I got going on with it is that my driver side turning signal quit working on me, but the passenger one still works. I have tried replacing the bulbs and it did not fix the problem. I did notice though about 2 weeks prior as I was sitting in my car that about 2 tiny puffs of smoke came out of my steering column. About 6 months or so before that I had the key stuck in the ignition that I could not get out. I had to call a locksmith to come and get it out for me. He showed me how to manually use it after that because it would not turn over the way that it used to. I have to pull the key towards me after putting it into the ignition and let it click back into place before starting it traditionally. He told me that I would need to have the steering rod replaced soon. Also, I have noticed that some of the housing around the steering column is missing??? I'm not sure if the person before me abused the hell outta my car or what??! :chair: If anyone could shed any light on this and/or have any comments or suggestions on my car - it would be really appreciated! Thank you in advance for reading my thread.:) :1zhelp:

blindeyed
04-19-2007, 08:47 PM
When you changed the bulbs.. did you change both the front, back, and side bulbs? Any one of those bulbs could be the culprit. I take it when you turn your left turn signal on the light on the dash lights up and stays lit?

Add your comment to this topic!