Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting/running troubles....

un..inc
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Alright......I have a 96 Rodeo 3.2 v6 5 speed. After trying to solve my problem of it stalling and not starting, which i thought i did, it turns out otherwise. Originally i thought it was a plugged fuel filter or something of that nature. but there is fuel in the lines and pressure as well. it started up after replacing the filter and while i was driving it,it surged a few times and later it stalled again, but this time making a grinding noise for a second. now it won't start at all and i'm not sure where i should start. :screwy:

amigo-2k
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
does the engine turn over, when trying to start?

How many miles on the truck?

History of the plugs and wires?

History on the battery and alt?

Is the CEL on?

un..inc
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, the engine does turn over but it just doesn't fire up. There is 136,000 on it. as far as plugs and wires go..i bought the truck with 114,000 on it and haven't changed them since. but i checked the plugs about 6 months ago and they were all good still. I replaced the alternator with a used one about 6 months ago as well with the battery at the same time. yeah the check engine light is on. it has been ever since i bought the car and every time i get it checked it says EGR si bad, which i have cleaned multiple times, but not for about the last 8 months. thanks for your help.:)

Add your comment to this topic!