Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GSX Squeaks in reverse NOT THE BOV HELLLLPPPP

bdela005
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
:banghead: I posted a while back about how my 98 gsx squeaks when down shifting and in reverse i got a whole lot of responses saying its the blow off valve. Someone please help thats not it.

The PROBLEM
While backing up with clutch fully out there is a squeaking that gets faster as the car moves faster. Sounds like an old rusty ford truck going down the road with a squeaky drive shaft. will not make this noise in neutral while rolling backward

When i down shift.... Its more noticible in lower gears ie... 2nd there will be a squeak almost like a twitter. which is fast sounding im assuming since the car is moving faster. if the clutch is in the car will not make this noise and it will also not make the noise in neutral

I have been to 5 shops from exaust and cv shops to tranny and motor shops. for some reason they cant seem to figure it out or they just dont care. i stood under the car while it was in reverse at an oil shop and it sounds like its definatly coming from the front of the car and in the middle. im guessing the transfer case link to the drive shaft but i cant quite pin point it being that the car can only roll like 3 feet ..

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME YOUVE HAD this problem before and that there is a quick fix or someone at least guess what the problem might be... THANKS:banghead:

gthompson97
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Have you changed any of the fluids in any of the rotating assembly parts lately? That might help.

TalonEclipseMixGsx
04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
While the drive shaft is spinning is it maybe rubbing on anything?

Add your comment to this topic!