Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

t16 fuel

omani
04-13-2007, 04:41 AM
HI ALL..
i race a standard evo6 with boost 18ps, there is a slight fuel cut on third gears high rpms.
the fuel we have in our country is 94octane.

i was thinking of using the T16 fuel (half gas), on my next race.

i also do autocross and i only need 1st and 2nd gear, and i really need more power.

my question is .. will that effect anything on the engine ? and do i need to mix that fuel with the ordinary fuel (octane 94? )
or shal i just use it alone and its gonna be ok and will give me more power.

grandma
04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
are you talking about C16 and heard said as T16?

nissanfanatic
04-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Depending on the specific gravity of the fuel, you may or may not need to add fuel. If it is C-16, you won't need to add much. IMO, if you aren't gonna go with something slightly better than pump, Sunoco( or Cam) 100 octane, definitely use C16 as it has a way better specific gravity for forced induction. Just about all other race fuels (bar VP import) have shitty, NA specific gravities that aim at aiding in raising compression levels.

Is your car detonating or what..?? I didn't really think Evo's had that much of a problem running 18psi on pump gas..??

grandma
04-30-2007, 08:40 PM
he's just trying to see if he'll get extra oomph from using fuel his car isn't tuned for.

nissanfanatic
05-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Yea.. probably..

But I still like to at least provide good information whether or not the member makes good use of it..

Add your comment to this topic!