Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

p1309

Marcosis
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi, I recently posted about the isolator bolt fix, 1999, 3.8 85000 mi, I had a knock and hoped it was the plenum, no such luck. cam roller turned in its bore and trashed the cam, the shop offered to fix that prob for $2300 and hope that was it or go w/ a used engine for $2600. I chose the whole engine replacement. replacement runs ok but cel came on w/ p1309, the shop took a while to get it back to me because they were waiting on the camshaft sensor alignment tool, they've re aligned it 2 or 3 times now but I just got that code again. Does anyone have experience with this, should they replace the sensor? any input appreciated.

Oh also have p0720 output speed sensor circuit malfunction, I already replaced that sensor(the one on tranny behind driver side wheel, thanks wiswind) had tranny serviced, changed the filter and filled w/ mercon V, van drives great but occaisionally will stumble around 40 mph setting off the od off light but if I continue to drive the light goes back off after about 2 min. and everything is good again, does that oss need to be aligned in any way or should I look to replace other tranny related sensors???? HELP!!!!!!

Marcosis
04-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Anybody?????

wiswind
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I am sorry that my OBDII code list goes from P1299 to P1351.
I have double checked the information on my alldata subscription, for the 1996 Windstar, and that is how the codes are listed.
They may include the P1309 code for the newer model years.

I did a yahoo search on the code.....(found this thread) and under a post in a Ford Trucks forum, they indicated that the misfire monitor was disabled due to a problem with the camshaft position sensor.....could be the sensor, or the alignment....which is what you have stated.....
So from that....you are on the right track.
I do remember something about the camshaft position sensor being installed 180 degrees from where it is supposed to be.......so that might be something to have checked.
I have zero experience with alignment of that sensor..
I did replace mine......and replacement of the sensor does not involve alignment.....just the 2 little bolts and electrical connector.
The alignment involves the gear shaft from the cam up to the sensor.

For the cost of the sensor....might be worth replacing it.

I went over the instructions for the OSS/TSS sensor replacement, and nothing was mentioned about alignment.....but bolt it in place.
The repair instructions talk about checking for problems in the circuit......so I would refer you to a repair guide for your year.

Add your comment to this topic!