Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stock Rim Differences

djmann02
04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
After looking at various photos of the Canyon rims that Jeep supplies on some of there Cherokees and Wranglers, it appears that some of the rims of the same year(era) "look" different as far as their size and overall design goes. Are my eyes just that bad or did Jeep implement small changes in the design of their Canyon rims. Now I am talking about the older 98-03 rims here so let's not get any more confused than I already made myself. Any comments are welcome.

Ray H
04-13-2007, 04:24 AM
After looking at various photos of the Canyon rims that Jeep supplies on some of there Cherokees and Wranglers, it appears that some of the rims of the same year(era) "look" different as far as their size and overall design goes. Are my eyes just that bad or did Jeep implement small changes in the design of their Canyon rims. Now I am talking about the older 98-03 rims here so let's not get any more confused than I already made myself. Any comments are welcome.

Jeep sold two different Canyon rims. The Wrangler Canyons were 8" wide with 5.5" backspacing and had thicker spokes. The Grand Cherokee Canyons were 7" wide with 5.25" backspacing and had thinner spokes.

Add your comment to this topic!