Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

cLIO 1.4RT 1997 IMMOBILISER NON STARTING PROBLEM

Delboy43
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Guys
Hoping you can assist me with this problem im sure its one you are very familiar with but non the less im going to ask as i am inable to find anything specifically on this forum nor in my Renaults handbook about it.
The problem goes like this the said vehicle was laid up for about a year without being started and when we tried to it wouldnt go but the battery was flat as a pancake causing the radio code to be required, however we put a jump box onto it and it turned over but wouldnt start and the central looking will not operate, causing me to suspect the damn box of tricks under the sunroof [a great place to put the sensor, not] anyway if i am unable to get the central locking to operate then i am also unable to get the immobiliser to set and unset which obviously means the car stays immobilised and unable to run, which when yopu consider it has only covered around 56,000 and as Renault can only offer at a cost of some 400 plus vat of course to repalce all the sensors and gubins that goes along wioth it then there is the price of new chipped keys and a tow in to get it all reprogrammed it could be closer to 650 by the time its completed.
There has to be a way to by pass the immosiliser system on it after all its only wiring that is doing it if the main cable was to be crossed out or branched would this bypass it and if not has anyone any suggestions other than to burn the damn thing.
I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE OTHERS HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IM ALSO DAMN SURE THESE CARS ARE NOT BEING SCRAPPED DUE TO IT SO COME ON GUYS HELP ME OUT GIVE US THE INFORMATION I NEED REAL SOON BEFORE I GO BAMMY TO d31boy@hotmail.com
Cheeers for nw and look forward to your words of wisdom

PayableOnDeath
06-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi

I would take the senser out, dry it out, make sure its 100% dry, then clean up the connector plug and contacts on the senser to remove the rust then, try it again and fingers cross you should be ok

You might need to resync the remote, details can be found on a search, i would post the link but not sure if i am allowed to link to another forum
its on a Renault Forum :)

let us know how you get on

Regards

David

Add your comment to this topic!