Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car goin crazy

hahapopcorn
04-08-2007, 08:46 PM
i was drivin earlier today and tried boosting the car..and when it got to around 4k on the rpm it was bogging like CRAZY, super fast jerks etc. when i got home and checked under the hood the valve cover was cracked and there was oil leaking, is that the reason? If so, is all i have to do is replace the cover and im good to go? or is there something that Caused the crack and is there something else that i should be checking for? thanks. Also the spark plugs have been changed recently but its been a while on the wires.

update: I tried putting JB weld in the crack and it didnt seem to leak for about a day or so, now its back to the way it was -_-;; im a cheap bastard Lol

Killa
04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
I dont care to know about you. BUT I DO CARE TO KNOW YOUR CAR INFO.

david-b
04-08-2007, 09:17 PM
You might want to get the valve cover replaced. JB weld isn't going to hold forever, although it does a damn good job. And yes, something like that will cause problems. Engines are built to only allow air in/out at certain areas. If air starts coming in/out at a place it's not supposed to, then it's going to cause problems. That's why leaks of any kinds (including valve cover cracks) are bad.

hahapopcorn
04-11-2007, 04:06 PM
it is a 1995 eagle talon tsi awd w/ a 92 head

gthompson97
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Did you get a CEL? And what kind of plugs did you put in? Regular NGK's are the best and that's what you should have used. If you put in some platinums, then they probably fouled out right away and that's what's causing the jerking when you get on the gas when the boost starts to build.

hahapopcorn
04-16-2007, 02:05 AM
update::: i fixed the valve cover and it was fine for about a day, now it is starting to do it again. is it possible that the spark plug wires have gone bad? or are misplaced? (i don't have the manual anymore so if anyone could possibly tell me the correct order in which they go in that would be great thanks) the spark plugs i have replaced recenty about 1k miles ago they are the NGK copper ones. is it also possible that it is because of my intake filter? i was going to clean it but never remembered to (its suppose to be red but now its black as hell) i'm scared as hell that this is possibly a symptom of my turbo going bad -.-...thanks to everyone who has helped me so far and appreciate further advice

hahapopcorn
04-17-2007, 02:02 AM
update::: i fixed the valve cover and it was fine for about a day, now it is starting to do it again. is it possible that the spark plug wires have gone bad? or are misplaced? (i don't have the manual anymore so if anyone could possibly tell me the correct order in which they go in that would be great thanks) the spark plugs i have replaced recenty about 1k miles ago they are the NGK copper ones. is it also possible that it is because of my intake filter? i was going to clean it but never remembered to (its suppose to be red but now its black as hell) i'm scared as hell that this is possibly a symptom of my turbo going bad -.-...thanks to everyone who has helped me so far and appreciate further advice

i am getting closer to the problem. when i checked the spark plugs there was ALOT of carbon build up around the tip, i asked a couple shops about it but they charge a ridiculous amount to get it checked -.- i'm hella low on money. they said it could be that the turbos wastegate might not be working properly or something like that. has anyone else had a similar problem?

Mikelb
04-17-2007, 09:27 AM
it could possibly be the wastegate not functioning right... I suggest checking your vacuum lines

I also suggest checking for a boost leak...

Add your comment to this topic!