Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

zantia

datamanic
10-12-2002, 06:28 PM
i have had many citroens in my time and now have the 1.8 16v not impressed with the perfomance but a very nice car, comfy interior, good appearance, could be maxed up,and the fact nobody has posted any thing about them might just tell a story dont you think:flash: :frog:like they are very good

Guido
10-17-2002, 09:59 AM
I've voted for looks. I used to have a 1.9 TurboD Break. Very comfy car, good handling and cornering and what a loading capacity :D

Ssom
10-19-2002, 04:51 AM
I LOVE the C5 and Xantia- I could have sworn I was riding on a cloud when I got a ride in one :D

Stefanel1
10-19-2002, 07:21 AM
The Xantia and the C5 are nice but not enough original to me. Although, there very comfy and have a very good handling. Seats are very comfortable.
I know sby who has a C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive, it's a good car.
Now and in the future, you'll see new design, more original. A new designer (I thing it's one of the best in France, JP Ploué) has arrived in the Citroën design center. He has participated to the C3 and C8. The C6 and C4 will look as (some parts) the concept car Airdream.

Stefanel1
10-19-2002, 07:23 AM
The C5 :

PR528
11-28-2002, 04:13 PM
I currently have a Xantia 1.9 TD which my partner uses, and I'm about to start useing an XM 2.0 Turbo Petrol. We find the Xantia very comfortable, excellent ride and handling, reasonable performance, but not so good economy.

The XM I'm yet to see, though I have had a non Turbo XM before.

rajgordon
12-15-2002, 04:39 PM
:flipa:
I have a Xantia hdi 110 and is the best car I have ever had
The last car I had was a Xsara hdi90 and really liked it but becauseIhad
a XantiaTD before that I missed the carpet ride.
I have just found this site and it looks really good .

Stefanel1
12-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Welcome rajgordon !! ;)
Good car the Xantia with the HDI 110.

Where are you from ?

Jimster
12-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Y'know what the best thing about Citroen is?

As you can see with the Xantia- which in it's early years had terrible reliability ssues- but Citroen ACTUALLY LISTENED to the complaints and turned the Xantia into a reliable piece of machinery :D

RichVTR16v
04-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by datamanic
i have had many citroens in my time and now have the 1.8 16v not impressed with the perfomance but a very nice car, comfy interior, good appearance, could be maxed up,and the fact nobody has posted any thing about them might just tell a story dont you think:flash: :frog:like they are very good

I've just got a Xsara 1.8 16v VTR Coupe - it;s brilliant and my pride and joy, although it does seem a bit greedy on fuel - is thos common with the PSA 1.8/2.0 16v engines??! THe performance is very good though :D

Stefanel1
04-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Welcome on this forum RichVTR16v ;)
The 1.8 16v PSA are a little bit thirsty indeed :D
Do you have some pics of your Xsara ?

RichVTR16v
04-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Hey Michael!

I didnt realise the PSA engines were that thirsty - doh :eek: Oh well... it's a nice engine anyway. Does anyone know why?!

I am attaching a few pics of my car for you!

Cheers,

Rich

:licker:

RichVTR16v
04-11-2003, 01:18 AM
cool shot :sun:

Stefanel1
04-11-2003, 12:52 PM
The PSA engines are usually not very thirsty, but the 1.8 16v 112hp is ! I'll change my Lancia at the end of the year and was interested in a 406 1.8 16v SV 112 hp, and it's not the most economic, the "new version" 1.8 16v 117hp is much better from this point of view.
Same thing for the 2.0 16v 135hp PSA (on my mother's 406 Coupé) which is not economic too. Again the new version with more torque is better (2.0 137 hp since 2000). ;)

Your Xsara is very nice, nice wheels too !

RichVTR16v
04-12-2003, 02:37 AM
Hi Michael - glad you like it :cool:

I am sad that I've got the thirsty engine. I was maybe thinking of getting a Superchip - or one that can be programmed to improve economy?! What do you think?

Despite using a lot of fuel, it is very quick and very smooth to drive. I raced a Golf TDI PD130 the other day and beat him HAAHAHHA

(I hate VW GOlf mk4s!!:devil: :flipa: )

My friends love the Xsara (especially my friends with Saxo VTR/VTS's lol!! )
:D

Rich :)

Stefanel1
04-13-2003, 06:42 AM
That kind of products are often more expensive than the economy you can expect ;)

If you want to use less gas, choose another engine, buy a new car.... expensive too :D Seriously, it's not so bad and that engine as you're saying is very good. My car uses much gas too (10l/100km : about 2,7 gallons/60 miles ;) ) and it is only the 1600 cc engine (on my Delta).

I had a Golf III (not IV ;) ) too and it's indeed not the best car !

Saxo VTS, whooo! fast and fun to drive !

henk4
06-03-2003, 03:56 AM
just to come back to the Xantia, (i think the posts on the Xsara belong somewhere else), I am currently driving a three year old HDI 110 break which I bought new and which replaced 1.9TD break. After 1.5 years I had a new engine chip installed which pushes power up to about 135 BHP and torque to about 290 Nm. (I did not dyno the car to check those figures). Anyway the car has become remarkably quick, although motormanagement is organised in such a way that above 4000 RPM the turbo pressure is brought back to normal values so there is no noticable increase in top speed (198 on the tacho). Economy is remarkable, it is very difficult to reach more than 6 litres per 100 km under normal traffic conditions.
I am planning on driving this car for quite a while (it has already done over 140000 km's) as I think the C5 is simply too big and far less elegant and I am already getting better performance than the C5 2.2 HDI, although of course you can chip tune this engine as well.
Let's wait what the new HDI generation is going to bring us, the 1,6 version should already produce 110 HP, and for the larger engines figures of 150-160 BHP are rumoured. The Peugeot Spades car (the red one) already had 175 or so.

So no complaints and hi to all citroen freaks around.

Stefanel1
06-03-2003, 12:00 PM
There is also the dci 150 of the Laguna Estate, and the jtd 175 of the 156 Sportwagon ;)
Otherwise, the 407 will have the V6 hdi 170, the biturbo 200 hp later. ;)

Stefanel1
06-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Hudson, where do you live if it's not undiscreet ? ;)

Volken
06-24-2003, 07:02 PM
I like Xantia rather then C5
C5 is safe non Citroen design
Xantia has expressive Citroen design and Xantia Activa is special story

PS: Stefanel what is it with you?
I’m starting to think you are some research dealer for car
companies.

You ask everyone where he is from,what car….
I’m keeping my eyes on you
:dogpile:

Stefanel1
06-25-2003, 01:56 AM
mmmmh, yes, I work for cars makers and sell back my informations :D :D !! ;) You got it ! :D

Volken
07-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Speaking of Xantia, recently while sorting some data I have learned that…Peugeot (PSA) actually silently halted Citroën to make one of the kind concept Xantia Coupe.

Then behind Citroën’s back Peugeot took primary design and made his 406 coupe.

This made Citroen designers very sad and disappointed.

Also C5 might have looked much like present Peugeot 607, very visible from first C5 sketch,but sadly again this was 607.

I wonder, is there any point for Citroën to even think about C6?
I will most likely become 609 Exclusive :mad:

Stefanel1
07-30-2003, 04:28 PM
The 406 Coupé was designed for Peugeot by the fantastic Italian designer Pininfarina. A concept-car Coupé Xantia (called Activa) was made, but no real concept. And for the 607 I don't know, but Jacques Calvet (the previous CEO of PSA, befor Jean-Martin Folz) was thinking that Citroën had to be classic (as the C5 !)... Hopefully, Folz doesn't agree and, helped by the excellent designer Jean-Pierre Ploué, has accepted concept like the C3, the C2, the Pluriel, the C6 and the C4 ;) In 3 or 5 years, Citroën will -at least- (re)become original !

Volken
07-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Not quite mon ami Stefanel, :nono:

Activa is designation of drive.

The Activa gas-oil suspension. Not just Hydractive 2, but a wholly logical development of the arrangement that serves ordinary Xantias so well.

The Activa was the world's first production car to get roll-controlled suspension

Activa was developed as the replacement for the sporting 16V (VSX) version of the Xantia..

First the Turbo CT was available (released in September 1994) and soon after, the more expensive V6 model (released in October 1996).

In some countries a cheap ACTIVA could be ordered having the modified 2-litre 16V engine (for example in Sweden). In the UK, the V6 model was sadly not available.

My goodness Stefanel, I know who is Sergio and what he designed in history of design.. :lol:

But he only received the design from in-house and made stylistic changes, while essence of design was already shaped at Citroen
(As you can see and read from picture I’ve attached here for you)

One prototype was build so it was real concept

Stefanel1
07-31-2003, 01:48 PM
This coupé Xantia doesn't look as good as the Coupé 406 !!

I totally agréee with you about the Xantia Activa. But arround 1994, a Citroën Activa, a concept car, was a Coupé developped by Citroën, in the Xantia's range ;)

Volken
07-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Well , naturally Coupé 406 looks more bliss when he is finished design.

This picture was just one of many early sketches.

I think I have seen at German auto show long ago a video of this Coupe.
Hey, you should look deeper into this, after all, it is in you area :smile:

Look at local Citroen,some data/pictures of this Xantia.
I would really like to see pictures of this- one of the kind made model.
If they made a video, they must have some picture data available.

I think, Audrey spoke something about this car... :cool:

tanirdriver
10-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi, everyone

Do you know approximately how much it costs to have a new Citroën badge laid on the radiator grille of a Xantia? My chevrons got stolen a couple of months ago and I would like to know whether the whole thing is expensive or not. I suppose it isn't, but I ask just in case.

Regards,

Tanir

Stefanel1
10-29-2003, 02:59 PM
ça doit coûter dans les 200€, go to a Citroën dealer, they'll know ! ;)

tanirdriver
11-05-2003, 10:56 AM
"ça doit coûter dans les 200€, go to a Citroën dealer, they'll know ! ;)"

You must be joking... :)

If it does cost 200 euros there's no use for me going there. I can do without the badge even though the car would be nicer with it.

Regards,

Tanir

Stefanel1
11-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Go in a "casse de voitures" (I don't know how to say in English), they'll maybe have it at a very low price. ;) But if it's only the Chevrons, my 200€ were of course too generous! :D (I thought to the face of the car).

tanirdriver
02-06-2004, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Stefanel1]This coupé Xantia doesn't look as good as the Coupé 406 !!

But it could have! It could have been one of the most beautiful French cars ever made. Too bad it was never made...

That being said I've read in a not so recent issue of l'Auto-Journal that they're planning to release a Laguna coupé around 2007 (when the next generation of hatchbacks is launched). Although I didn't find the sketches very beautiful I think it would be a very good thing to have a second mid-level French coupé (considering that there is an audience for such sporty-looking cars in Europe).

Of course if they launched a C5 coupé I would be delighted...

Regards,

Tanir

saromaki
03-14-2004, 04:45 AM
Hi Michael - glad you like it :cool:

Despite using a lot of fuel, it is very quick and very smooth to drive. I raced a Golf TDI PD130 the other day and beat him HAAHAHHA

(I hate VW GOlf mk4s!!:devil: :flipa: )

Rich :)

You've got 112hp Xsara VTR and raced with TDI 130? And won? Get outta here! If you raced from 0-60mph I just might believe you, but in any other speed your Xsara will eat the Golfs fumes all the time. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. Even my 2.0 16V VTS has no chance with TDI 130 Golf from 60mph->

And 0-60mph tells nothing of your car. If you want to measure power, take time how long it takes your Xsara to accelerate from 60mph->120mph. (or 100kmh->200kmh). Stop the clock at under 14 secs and you can start talking about power. (My Xsara probably takes over 20 secs, haven't measured since I need a calendar rather than a clock)

grecsy
09-23-2005, 06:52 AM
hi all!

i own a '99 Xantia HDi 110 BHP. i'm a citroen dealer in europe, so if you have any questions about citroens do disturb me :-)...

henk4
09-24-2005, 03:33 AM
hi all!

i own a '99 Xantia HDi 110 BHP. i'm a citroen dealer in europe, so if you have any questions about citroens do disturb me :-)...

well welcome here, this is a very old thread. I posted there when my car was at 140000 km. This week I had a 245000 km service and I plan to continue using it until at least 320000 when the cambelt needs its scheduled change for a second time. Just waiting to see what the value of the car will be by that time.

grecsy
03-13-2006, 04:49 AM
hello again!

i 've made some modifications on the Xantia. i put a modification to the engine management and it's very impressive. better fuel economy and a huge torque rising. bought some new rims too, factory 5 spoke Xsara alloys. pictures coming soon...:naughty:

melopll
08-30-2006, 03:21 AM
hello again!

i 've made some modifications on the Xantia. i put a modification to the engine management and it's very impressive. better fuel economy and a huge torque rising. bought some new rims too, factory 5 spoke Xsara alloys. pictures coming soon...:naughty:

Hello Grecsy,
Did you achieve this improvement with the 138HP kit? How many MPG is the chip able to make?

henk4
08-31-2006, 01:59 AM
in the meantime I sold the Xantia at 275000 km, (after repairs to the fan system) as I found the C5 that I was looking for.. (2.2 Hdi Exclusive manual). I gave that one a chip treatment too and now has 165 bhp and 370 nm of torque. Compared to the Xantia mileage is not that impression and it is difficult to reach averages below 7.5 litre per 100 km.

melopll
08-31-2006, 08:44 AM
in the meantime I sold the Xantia at 275000 km, (after repairs to the fan system) as I found the C5 that I was looking for.. (2.2 Hdi Exclusive manual). I gave that one a chip treatment too and now has 165 bhp and 370 nm of torque. Compared to the Xantia mileage is not that impression and it is difficult to reach averages below 7.5 litre per 100 km.

There is no big engine that is good in economy! The size of the piston can't go above 500cc! Anyway, the real deal will be the new 6cil HDi...

Have you had any problem with the xantia HDi running it with the 138HP chip? How many miles did you do with the chip? Would you recommend 100% synthetic diesel motor oil for the the HDi engine?

Thank you again.

henk4
08-31-2006, 11:10 AM
There is no big engine that is good in economy! The size of the piston can't go above 500cc! Anyway, the real deal will be the new 6cil HDi...

Have you had any problem with the xantia HDi running it with the 138HP chip? How many miles did you do with the chip? Would you recommend 100% synthetic diesel motor oil for the the HDi engine?

Thank you again.

I did 160000 km with the Xantia chip, I used the same oil as before. No problems, except a return valve in the exhaust system, but that was not chip related.

Smurflbws
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I have owned:

a BX 17RD - fun first car!

Xantia 1.9TD SX, nice

now

Xantia Estate 2.0Hdi (90Bhp) SX really nice

would like a C5 estate - what a boot!

Fuel economy - brilliant, comfort, brilliant and the fact nobody wants to nick them! Great!

I heard rumours that once you have bought your 3rd Citroen you are not going back - is this true?

As Clarkson said "Citroen, also has a petrol engine". If it's not a Diesel its not a real Citroen IMO.

Sure your 3l V6 Xanties can out perform Beamers on cost vs spec. But it's not a diesel. nigh on 700 miles on a fuel tank etc.

Add your comment to this topic!