Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

good audio within this price: a list?

dragon370
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
i won a local contest, 4 grand cash! :naughty:

its time to scrap the cheap subs and amp setup i was trying to do within a budget. i want to biulding a kick ass system now.

i have looked at tons of brands including Alpine, Rockford, Soundstream, Audiobahn, MB Quart, JL Audio, and a lot more.

what i want is you guys to give me ideas how to best spend 4 grand for a kick ass system, including brand names (most essential info) and, if possible, model numbers. what do you guys think is the best stuff for a complete system money can buy within $3500 (already bought a $500 Panasonic DVD 7" flip-screen headunit)??? i want to use it to make an amazing audio setup for my car and need advice what you guys think is the best setup as far as speakers, subs, and amps that $3500 can buy.

thanx guys!

this is the first good luck for me in a long ass time :rofl:

PlayStation3
04-08-2007, 06:33 AM
are you a head banger are you more into sound quality.

dragon370
04-08-2007, 08:52 AM
with a decent chunk of change like that i cant get both? then, i would rather have good quality sound over simply more of it. but both high SQL and high SPL would be great. and with a good amount of cash right now i thought maybe that would be able to happen.

anyway you guys could do so within the parameter of three 10s for the back, tho? i had already started to biuld a triple ten box before, its almost done, i dont want to scrap it...

bjboertje
04-08-2007, 10:13 AM
what's the volume and type of box? if ported what is it tuned to?

PlayStation3
04-08-2007, 05:45 PM
and do you want speakers too or just subs.

dragon370
04-08-2007, 09:00 PM
i am looking to get subs, amp/amps for subs, a set of 6.5" component speakers, and a 4 channel amp for the speakers.

at least give me a brand name i should buy? brand with the best all-around products? that thread in the sticky goes on for seven pages, and several brands are stated as being crap by one person and excellent by another. so i dont know.

PlayStation3
04-08-2007, 09:41 PM
re audio and us amps. but i would save like a grand for a new alt and 0 guage big 3 etc.

dragon370
04-08-2007, 09:51 PM
just installed a new 200 amp alternator a few days ago. but this didnt come from the audio setup cash. this was before i won the cash.

PlayStation3
04-09-2007, 06:22 AM
ok good. since you got a nice chunk of change. look at re audio's xxx series sometimes on ebay you can see them for around 600-800 then for the amp look at us amps MD 2D or autotek MM 4000.1D

bjboertje
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
get some rainbow germs for the front stage components, with a Zapco DC1000.4 powering them.

alphalanos
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
make sure you deaden everything well. Deaden your outer door skin, frame, your cabin floor, trunk, quarter panels, as much as you can afford. You can get a 60sqft roll of Raam Mat for about $130. Two of those should make your car ultra quiet. Rainbow is a great brand, so is RE. Don't get dead set on using a specific type of enclosure/ sub setup just because you want to. Research what will sound best according to your vehicle's acoutic properties. You can get great sound out of even a 200w sub with the right box. Main thing is to research alot. You dont necessarily have to spend alot to get alot.

Add your comment to this topic!