Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dynamat and Boston Acoustics

autohound
04-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey all,

I've installed two layers of Dynamat Extreme on the inside of my doors and in the trunk of a Civic. (I'll planning on doing the floor later when I have time.) See http://chrisgreytak.com/news.htm for photos of the door installs and tips.

I recently purchased and installed some Boston Acoustic S65 speakers in the front and back and I have to tell you that they barely sound better than the factory speakers. I double-checked to be sure they were wired properly and even tested them in another vehicle, and they are just blaaahhh - no clarity no mid-range, worse bass than the factory speakers, etc. Any suggestions on some decent speakers in the $150 price range? The car is set up for great audio. I'm puzzled.

pimprolla112
04-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Are you using the stock HU. Boston acoustic makes some awsome speakers, but if your using the stock HU you probably wont notice much of a difference. Also if possible putting an amp on the speakers would make a world of difference. And it would be about the same price as another set of speakers.

JrAcidBurn
04-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I just have a pair of $100 infinity 6 1/2s, with one layer of dynamat extreeme. I spray foamed the inside of the panel too. With just an alpine head unit it sounds awsome.

Add your comment to this topic!