Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"clunk" when brakeing in reverse

razial22
04-07-2007, 09:21 AM
sup all, been awhile since i posted so here goes.

when i put the car in reverse and go then push the brakes i hear a "clunk"
when i go forward afterwards and hit brakes again "clunk" but not nearly as loud.
only happens after reverse. also, when i "kick" the top of the passenger side rear tire the has a LOT f springy feel to it, almost like that of a bad bearing, i replaced the rear hub assembly (no easy, but not a difficult job) and still the same problem.

i was told it might be the bushings, or the control arm it self.

any advice or ideas would be appreciated
thanx all

razial22.

razial22
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
i actually just solved my own problem, got a friend to help look for it and it turns out its NOT the arm, but the strut and strut mount. well, at depressing as it is to hear what the problem is at least i know and its not that hard to change those out. i'd like to leave this post here for everyone in the future.
if u hear those described issues, and u hear kinda of "rattleing" as if ur plate loose, then pop open the trunk and pull back the carpet from the side where the tire is "springy" look at the top corner of the trunk with the carpet pulled back, u'll see a black rubber cap pull that off and have a friend "push/kick" the top of the wheel. see that strut that the cap was covering moveing? yes? yay, strut mount and or strut. if not, well, then i don't know yet, give me another month to run into that problem and i'll let ya know.

l8rs

Add your comment to this topic!