Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Cutlass Ciera power windows problem

stratovani
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
About a month ago the power windows in my '94 Cutlass Ciera suddenly stopped working. None of them work at all. Luckily this happened in the winter and so the windows were stuck in the up position, but now with the warmer weather approaching it sure would be nice to have functioning windows again. I've checked the fuses and they seem to be OK. I've even replaces the fuses and the windows still won't work. I don't think it's any of the PW motors since none of the windows work (could be wrong, though). I suspect an electrical problem somewhere. Trouble is, I don't know where to begin. Anyone run into this problem before? Any tips or suggestions? Thank you.

stratovani
04-05-2007, 07:23 PM
OOPS! Sorry, I just noticed a similar thread about two posts down from this one. Sorry about that! But I still need PW help, any would be most appreciated!

JohnDD
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
As I said in response to the other thread, you probably have the ground connection between chassis and the master switch (driver door)? broken. This will make all windows stop working.
I had this problem on my 91 Ciera and fixed it by connecting to the master switch black wire with a wire to the door frame.
Try connecting a jumper wire from any metal surface to the black wire at the master switch and then try the windows.
I had other problems with individual power windows over the years and those problems were with broken wires inside the rubber tube near the door hinges. Seems the wires can only take a few million door openings and closings! I scrapped the car this year with 383,000 Km on it. Kept the service manuals though!

Add your comment to this topic!