Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A couple new Aoshima kits coming; '05 Fairlady Z 33 ST and Daihatsu Copen

ZoomZoomMX-5
04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know any details on the forthcoming Z car or Daihatsu Copen beyond the list from HLJ?

2005 Fairlady Z 33 Version ST Normal
2005 Fairlady Z 33 Version ST Optional Parts (Nismo??)
Daihatsu Copen Active Top (working or static retractable top?)
Daihatsu Copen Ultimate

http://www.hlj.com/newitems/Aut/F/?word2=&series2=Best+Car+GT&type2=All&scale2=All&maker2=AOS&btnSearch=Narrow+Search

INsejn
04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
And what about Vertex Silvia S13 : http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS03977

Enzoenvy1
04-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Serious?!?!?!!? LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/bluej/daihatsu_copen_2004_01_m.jpg
Glad it is an s model there in the pic.

I know it is all about licensing, but kits like these are not important to a lot of people. I wish the european/japanese market would worry about US production vehicles also. But then again, why would they. We just get Revell USA who build fricken Donks, and Magnums with 34 inch wheels. Oh well, guess that is the way it goes.

Had to rant, feel better now.

voyageur
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Daihatsu Copen?

Oh...may that be a late April's Fools?

*grin*

hirofkd
04-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I got the info before April 1st, so it's a sure thing. But wait for the Shizuoka Hobby Show in May to find out more about the Z33. I hate to bring this, but remember Aoshima's Supra? (shudder...)

But then again, why would they. We just get Revell USA who build fricken Donks, and Magnums with 34 inch wheels. Oh well, guess that is the way it goes.

I don't think those Mercedes-derived Chrysler aren't all that bad; both kits and real cars. They represent today's American car scene, and as always, Corvettes and Mustangs are kitted, so there aren't very many kit-worthy American cars left, unless you count trucks.

Come to think of it, I bet many modelers will wet their pants if some one makes a full line of today's trucks like countless variations of the F, Silverado and Ram, and even the Tundra, Titan and Ridgeline. But then no one drives pickup trucks in Japan, and AMT doesn't seem to have any resource to release new kits, so Revell is the only one who can pull it off.

deltableh
04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I would love to see Tamiya to bust out a Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, but I know that'll never happen. There are also so many European cars I'd love to see instead of Japanese micro-minis... Audis, Bimmers, Mercs, Astons, Bentleys, Rollers...

Dylza
04-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Why would you buy the stock Z33 when you can get the stock Z33 with optional parts for the exact same price? Or are the optional parts already installed?

mikemechanic
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
. We just get Revell USA who build fricken Donks, and Magnums with 34 inch wheels. Oh well, guess that is the way it goes.

34" Hah, that's for sissies Jon. I stumbled across these yesterday on the interweb. 40"!!!!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/mikemechanic/100_3955-758621.jpg

Enjoy.

Mike.

wagonguy
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Serious?!?!?!!? LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/bluej/daihatsu_copen_2004_01_m.jpg

I know it is all about licensing, but kits like these are not important to a lot of people. I wish the european/japanese market would worry about US production vehicles also. But then again, why would they. We just get Revell USA who build fricken Donks, and Magnums with 34 inch wheels. Oh well, guess that is the way it goes.

i would build it :eek:

(wif a huge v-8 stuffed somewhere in there:p )

BVC500
04-06-2007, 12:13 AM
What happened to the Mercedes kits Aoshima was interested in manufacturing? Or was that thread a very early April fool's joke?

IanLi
04-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Serious?!?!?!!? LOL

Not important? Not really.

Remember that the "K-Car" is common & popular in Japan, and it have been some 15 years since Aoshima put out the kits of Honda Beat & Suzuki Cappuccino,
the Daihatsu COpen would be a logical & welcoming subject to join Aoshima's line of Kei-convertible kits.

Enzoenvy1
04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
34" Hah, that's for sissies Jon. I stumbled across these yesterday on the interweb. 40"!!!!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/mikemechanic/100_3955-758621.jpg

Enjoy.

Mike.

OMFG! That is it, I am packing my Jeep up with food, the wifey, the dog a few guns and I am running to the mountains!!! What the hell is happening to car culture?! I would love to see him hit a 4 inch rock going 55 and see one of those spokes collapse. That is a long way to fall vertically. lol

Not important? Not really.

Remember that the "K-Car" is common & popular in Japan, and it have been some 15 years since Aoshima put out the kits of Honda Beat & Suzuki Cappuccino,
the Daihatsu COpen would be a logical & welcoming subject to join Aoshima's line of Kei-convertible kits.

I fully understand why these are being built. I am not knocking that aspect at all. I just don't care one bit about those little japanese cars. Kind of like how they don't care about some of our cars too.

blubaja
04-06-2007, 06:42 PM
What happened to the Mercedes kits Aoshima was interested in manufacturing? Or was that thread a very early April fool's joke?

I thought Tigger was ontop of that?

Well...I want a Copen or few. It's neat looking. And odd, and I love odd stuff. But why the Fairlady? Hope it's not just a horrible modification of the AMT junk kit. Or maybe they'll make an engine for her:-)

ZoomZoomMX-5
04-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I thought Tigger was ontop of that?

Well...I want a Copen or few. It's neat looking. And odd, and I love odd stuff. But why the Fairlady? Hope it's not just a horrible modification of the AMT junk kit. Or maybe they'll make an engine for her:-)

I think the AMT Z car has an engine. Considering AMT is for sale and quitting production, I doubt Aoshima is dealing w/that one. Not to mention they're doing stock and optional parts; the AMT kit is nowhere near stock. If Aoshima is smart they'll do the new hood, and the new Nismo version. Lots of tuner stuff can be done that Tamiya ignored. Considering the wide array of variations Aoshimas doing w/their latest kits, the Z car should be pretty popular.

I could see myself building a Copen as a racer, not unlike what I did w/my Gunze Frogeye Sprite vintage racer. Add a headrest fairing and roll bar, cut down the windscreen, add graphics and race-ready rolling stock and let 'er rip.

blubaja
04-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Ye, Bob, the AMT did have an engine. It was about as well engineered as the rest of the kit:rolleyes: as in not well. I just thought the Z would be like beating the dead horse. But I guess it's like our 57 bel air, that people feel needs to be reissued every other year or so. And of course, I'll still get one of the Fairlady's.
Side note-where the hell is the hardtop convertible new Miata already Fujimi!?

freakmech
04-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Ye, Bob, the AMT did have an engine. It was about as well engineered as the rest of the kit:rolleyes: as in not well. I just thought the Z would be like beating the dead horse. But I guess it's like our 57 bel air, that people feel needs to be reissued every other year or so. And of course, I'll still get one of the Fairlady's.
Side note-where the hell is the hardtop convertible new Miata already Fujimi!?

Frank you will buy anything thats a box of plastic car parts. That Copen is retarded BUT... I see a Boxter/Copen fusion that might be cool as a kit basher. The AMT Z engine is a no more them a generic block with Intake and Valve cover. UUghhh... This is just further evidence that street car nodelling is officially dead. No one wants to touch it. Thank god for Motorsports. Diecast are killing the hobby, oops, my record just broke....:uhoh:

Enzoenvy1
04-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Frank you will buy anything thats a box of plastic car parts. That Copen is retarded BUT... I see a Boxter/Copen fusion that might be cool as a kit basher. The AMT Z engine is a no more them a generic block with Intake and Valve cover. UUghhh... This is just further evidence that street car nodelling is officially dead. No one wants to touch it. Thank god for Motorsports. Diecast are killing the hobby, oops, my record just broke....:uhoh:

And the choir said, "AAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNN". lol

white97ex
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
I would love to see a full line of work duty trucks Ram 2500 and 3500 F-250. 350. 650. Chevy and GMC Work duty trucks as well

Enzoenvy1
04-08-2007, 11:08 PM
And the choir said, "AAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNN". lol

I'll quote myself on that idea too! I would love some full size trucks, preferably f-250/350ish.

hirofkd
04-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Aoshima updated its homepage, and it's confirmed that their Z33 will be all-new, not a modified AMT. It will represent the 2005 version with new front bumper, headlights, taillights, and wheels. (but I except the 2007 version (with a redesigned hood) sometime in the future.)

The front tires will be steerable, and clear parts will be molded in color. In addition to the factory stock version, there'll be an optional version, but I have no idea what kind of options will be included. A tiny picture on their website seems to indicate that it'll have a set of TE37, but I really hope it's just a place-holder, and they include the factory optional Rays 6 spoke, instead. Both kits will be priced at 2415 yen, and due out late June.

As for the Copen, the Active Top version represents the open top only, with factory options like a rear spoiler and a mesh grill, while the Ultimate version includes a hardtop, Recaro seats, BBS wheels and Momo steering wheel. Both will be 2100 yen, and scheduled to be released in July.

There'll be some other new releases, but they're modified reissues, like the late version (2003) UCF31 Celsior kits in the stock and 20" wheel variations.

anopanjo
04-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Here is an image of the 350z from the aoshima website

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/anopanjo/03878.jpg

Hopefully thats what it actually ends up looking like...

nugundam93
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
i'd get the daihatsu copen...and do a char's zaku II paint scheme on it. LOL!

hirofkd
04-17-2007, 12:15 AM
i'd get the daihatsu copen...and do a char's zaku II paint scheme on it. LOL!
But that won't make it run three times faster.:grinno:

So the first variation is a stick Z with a set of 19" TE37, a rear spoiler and mudguards, huh? I guess we just have to wait for a few months for Aoshima to release more variations, then. (Why Tamiya didn't think about that?:screwy: )

nugundam93
04-17-2007, 10:31 AM
+1 on hoping that it'll be the actual kit from aoshima. :D

hirofkd: oh well...at least it'll look 3x cooler. LOL!

blubaja
04-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Hmm...I wonder if the Fairlady kits will lead to more drift kits?

Add your comment to this topic!