Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

curious

luvmyegg
04-04-2007, 09:29 PM
i have a 97 ford aspire aka my lil egg... i absolutely love this car steering can be a pain sometimes but thats to be expected. I was wondering my car seems to be losing oil but i have no evidence of leaks underneath, it has a small chatter in the motor usually its around a quart low every 3-4 days sometimes longer if not being driven any great distance. Also it seems to be sputtering while driving mainly when giving it gas after stopping then starting like at a red light etc. or accelerating if i ease into the gas it does much better does anyone know what causes that? maybe i need a tune up it has been a while but i still love my egg people can laugh and crack jokes about it aspiring to be more but with gas prices on the rise i am aspiring to save money...lol any answers would be appreciated thank you

eippermx
04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
How many miles you have on the engine? If you are losing that much oil, :uhoh: then I'd suspect that your motor is literally wore out and is running crappy because your plugs are fouled due to oil getting pass the rings. Doing a "tune up" is a band-aid. If your just gong to drive your egg till it drops (pun there) then throw some plugs at it knowing it won't idle right for long because of the condition of the motor. Low mile used engines are cheap to buy (check out car-part.com) and are easy to install in the Aspire if you want to breath new life into your car.

Add your comment to this topic!