Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Climate Control -Acctuator Question

jrasche2003
04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
On an older post regarding Climate Control issues, someone said that you should not be able to move the rod in the Acctuator. My question is Which Rod? There is a rod at the top towards the dash top that I can move by hand and if I do so all the way to the right I do get heat on the passenger side. Then there is a rod on the bottom very short that looks as tho it doesnt move from side to side, but rather turns, and I can turn just a little bit.

Also I do not have power going to the Passenger Climate control buttons on the passenger door. Does the Accuator have power to the door too? Or is that something else.

If you can answer those questions that be GREAT!

kaspr
04-08-2007, 08:47 PM
That rod at the top towards the dash controls the blend door for the passenger side. Since you can move it, that tells you that the actuator is bad. I think www.gmpartsdirect.com is the best place, though www.rockauto.com isn't bad either. As for the passenger climate control buttons on the passenger door, that is a completely separate issue from the actuator being bad. There must be either a broken wire or disconnected connector. The rod on the bottom is probably for the driver side blend door. Since it doesn't move from side to side, that one should be fine.

Add your comment to this topic!