Auto>5-spd swap

DaoNhatHai
04-01-2007, 06:56 PM
alright, made a purchase on an 88 rx-7 GL automatic, and i have more than enough money saved to start building the car and the first thing i want to do is swap in a 13b turbo from the s5 ($1,265 CDN.). Before i do that, i want to do a little research as to what needs to be done, with cable clutch, i don't think it'll be hard.. but since it's a hydrauic clutch. i don't know what modifications i'll need to do besides drill a hole through the firewall lol. anyone got tips or anything at all? thanks.

AcCordGeN5
04-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I did a little digging for you over at the RX7Club.com in the "2nd Generation Specific Section". The link below gives you a complete write-up of a swap. In the future, if you need help or have other questions do not be afraid to also look there.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=201073&highlight=auto+manual+swap

DaoNhatHai
04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I did a little digging for you over at the RX7Club.com in the "2nd Generation Specific Section". The link below gives you a complete write-up of a swap. In the future, if you need help or have other questions do not be afraid to also look there.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=201073&highlight=auto+manual+swap

eh man, thanks a bunch.. mad respects dude. i'm picking up everything this saturday and all i'll need is the turbo driveshaft which i'm hunting for.. but again, thanks a whole bunch. what do you drive? FD?

AcCordGeN5
04-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Not a problem. This is why we go on the forums for, right? Anyways, good luck with your project, and keep us posted on how things are going.

Yes, I do own an '94 FD, but it is not the one posted on my sig.

Marc

DaoNhatHai
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
omg @ you having an FD.. that's fucking Sexy + drools. that's my dream car ahahaha. after building this fc, i think i might got for an fb XD. the vintage heritage just all has to be together as a family ahaha. anyways, for sure i'll keep you posted. do you have a tunerfriends.com account? if you do, add me: DaoNhatHai, i got a pictue of the car there and use it more than this because this site doesn't really seem to be all that active =[

drftk1d
04-04-2007, 03:26 PM
why did you buy an automatic to begin with?

all automatic rotaries should be burned, except for the cosmos.

If you want my unbiased, non-dickhead opinion, you should have waited a while and bought a TII (if not a manual equipped car ateast) outright.

DaoNhatHai
04-04-2007, 04:22 PM
the automatic was a cost effective approach even with the price of the tII motor summed up: car costed $775 flat, and the motor i managed to get a deal on for $1000 from a car that the owner was parting, got everything besides the driveshaft which i'm STILL hunting for. the other guy who posted managed to dig up a walkthrough for the project so i'm near ready to begin. but i figured i'll just ride it auto until summer when i'll actually have time to do he swap with my buddy. i think it's a neat project, and i'm excited about it. in the long run, it'll be more rewarding to drive it knowing it was rebuilt rather then bought and driven the way it was you know? it has that personality factor.

drftk1d
04-08-2007, 11:36 PM
i guess.

sorry that I really didnt help you out though.

I'm only saying this because I had an NA FC before too (but it started out as a 5 spd) that i was gonna convert to turbo, but there's ALOT of work involved when you do the project the right way.

Add your comment to this topic!