Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Freestar Keyless Entry Code location

CobraOwner
03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Where is the keyless entry code located on an 04 Freestar Ltd.
It is supposed to be on the computer but I don't know if it's the Body Control Module, the Keyless Entry control module or somewhere else. I just bought the van and cannot find the owner/warranty card where it is supposed to be and I don't know which dealer it was originally purchased at to ask them.
If you KNOW where to find the numbers please let me know.

Thanks

skibo1
03-31-2007, 07:47 PM
any dealer should be able to pull the code for you at no charge. it is very simple and all the dealer needs to do hook up their lap top or wds and pull the code for you.

CobraOwner
04-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for reply, skibo1
Called dealer and located original leasing dealership. Called them and they had the keyless entry code on record. No charge, answered over the phone. The told me that the code is no longer anywhere on the vehicle. Not certain whether I believed him or not...

Johnny Mullet
04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Usually, the Dealer charges around $50.00 to get the code.

garync1
07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
On a 2006 it is located just above the fuse box for the door keypad entry its on a sticker ,,big sticker with a bar code and under the bar code there is numbers last 5 being the key pad code.U will need too have a flash light and it is tight even with the seat back. Hope this helps..

xrlclarkx
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I found the code on my recently purchased 2004 Ford Freestar yesterday (02/20/09). Here's how: 1. Get a flashlight and maybe magnifier glasses ( if you are farsighted like me). 2. Kneel on your knees beside the drivers seat. 3. Twist and squirm and look under the dashboard, drivers side, high up above the brake pedals. There will be an irritating light shining in your eyes from under the dashboard that you must look past. You must locate some stacked "boxes", the lowest one being a fusebox (I think) and the highest one being your target. It will say "Made in Mexico" on a big white sticker with a huge barcode. The box is about 8" X 6" X 2" or so. Near the middle of this big sticker on the far right side of it you will find a series of five adjacent numbers followed by an asteric (*). That's your baby. Memorize those numbers and write them down. 4. Test like this: Leave the drivers door open and push down the door lock manually. Enter the five digit number. If the door unlocks (it should) you found it!

Add your comment to this topic!