Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

roof leaking?

1096xj
03-31-2007, 01:54 PM
I have a 97 moutaineer with the moonroof. I have noticed that the headliner is getting wet around the front corners of the moonroof. Has anyone had this problem before? The seal around the moonroof appears to be in good condition. I'm afraid to see what the dealership will want to replace it $$$$

shorod
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
I had a similar problem on my 2000 Mountaineer. Well, the headliner was getting wet, water was running down the passenger side door jamb (near the front of the door) and puddling up on the passenger side floor. The problem was one of the vent tubes to the sunroof had come disconnected at the sunroof assembly. My recall is there are 4 tubes, one that runs down in front of the door and one that runs down behind the door for each side. Blow air through the tubes before connecting them to make sure they are not plugged. If they are, determine where and unplug them. Also, tilt the sunroof up and make sure that there is not debris on the weather stripping that may be allowing water to wick in.

-Rod

1096xj
03-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks, I will try to drop the headliner this week and see if i can find the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!