Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint

Soba
03-31-2007, 11:51 AM
k guys i am very sorry i didnt post picks up for some reason i can find were i put my camera:banghead: .... anyways i bought Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint now do i put that on and then put the thinner and wat kind of brush do i use for it cause it will be going on a Honda Civic (Hasegawa Kit) any ways i hope some one repiles and can any tell me any good Honda site

freakray
03-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Use an airbrush.

What's wrong with the Honda section of AF?

Soba
03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
i dont have a airbush so i got to use the normal way with the paint brush right? and okay ill check that honda section

wouter1981
03-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Tamiya acrylics aren't the best paints for brush painting. Especialy large surfaces are verry difficult. You're way better off with enamels for brush painting

Soba
04-01-2007, 10:50 AM
i got it for a cheap price and i can probably use any paint brush right. i am sorry if i sound a bet mad and stuff it just that i like to buy stuff and use it for wats its worth again with the paint brush i can use any one right?

Mr. Me.
04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I think that TS spray cans are the best if you don`t have an airbrush.

Soba
04-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Well there is no harm in trying with the Acrylic Paint so ill try it with that and if it doesnt work then ill restart and use sand paper and restart the whole thing when i paint it illl post pick to let u guys noe how it is i am gonna pick up paint thinner i dont noe if that will help after keep replying guys:grinyes:

Soba
04-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I forgot to add if any has every use the Acrylic Paint can u post up picks so i can see how it turned out

biotix
04-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Acrylic paint won't work that well at all because it dries to fast and leaves brush strokes.

MPWR
04-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Tamiya acrylics can be used in either of two ways-

1. Airbrushed

2. Brush painted onto small areas for detailing.

It unfortunately performs rather poorly for brush painting larger areas, regardless of what kind of brush you use. You're absolutely welcome to try, however you will almost definately be unhappy with the results.

Car bodies as a rule have to be sprayed- brush painting simply doesn't do a good job of it. A brush painted body will always have brush strokes and uneven coverage visible. An incredibly skilled painter may be able to minimise such signs, but they cannot be eliminated.

It's definately worth the money to get a can of Tamiya spray or other decent spray paint for the body. Trying to brush paint the acrylic will waste the paint, waste you're time, and will frustrate you like crazy. Go ahead and try if you like- Tamiya acrylic strips safely easily. You will learn from it, and that's usefull. But if you successfully end up with a decent finish, you will be the very first.

Soba
04-01-2007, 02:09 PM
alright ill take your advice i bought a black and red see threw so i will use that for the lights and i will use the flat black for the civic side moles and the lip again thanks for ur help

Add your comment to this topic!