Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pro Lock Anti Theft System

nicke66
03-31-2007, 03:21 AM
My 3.8 Trans Sport will not crank. Nothing happends when I try to run the starter. I have not yet tried to find out what is wrong, but I suspect the Anti Theft System that the dealer in Canada built into the Car when the first onwer bought it in 1995. It has not been working proberly for the last year, and a few times I have had to unplug the connector to the control box, and then plug it in to the box again to be able to start the car. I now have to remove this crap from the car. Does anyone have any experience with this Anti Theft system (Pro Lock) and can help me. There is one plug with a few wires that is going to the indicating light diode for the system, one plug with about 4-5 wires, one plug with about 10 wires, and two heavier wires (about 3 mm2) going to the control box.

Please, I need help with this! I have seach for the company that sold this system on internet, and the only thing I did find was that the company closed there business in the late 90.

LMP
03-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Indeed..all I found is this;
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Auto-Theft-Prevention-2384/pro-lock-anti-theft.htm
..replying same question..you had probably found it yourself.
I'll ask a few questions around....

nicke66
04-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Indeed..all I found is this;
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Auto-Theft-Prevention-2384/pro-lock-anti-theft.htm
..replying same question..you had probably found it yourself.
I'll ask a few questions around....

Yes, I did find that page, and the Anti Theft System is really simple. It is just installed in the ingition wire going from the ignition key switch.

Remoing it seams to be easy:
"Once you locate the starter wire in the ignition,
cut off the leads going to it from the prolock,
and repair."

However, this system was not the problem. The startar motor was shot. Two brushes was almost worn down to non-existent. I am surprised, because it has worked great until Friday.

Add your comment to this topic!