Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help needed please

jasmine007
03-30-2007, 06:37 PM
:banghead: Hello there
I am looking for some help in removing the front fender from my 97 jeep cherokee. I am really handy but have never attemped this before and do not want to break any thing. If there is someone out there that might be able to help me that would be great. Ok you must know by the name i am female but i have worked on trucks before but older ones. thats guys

dave92cherokee
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM
If the 97 is the same as my 92 then pop the hood, open the front door and jack it up and take off the wheel. Once the wheel is taken off remove the plastic inner wheel well liner which is held in place by plastic push in retainers. At this point you can remove the fender flares or not it's up to you but I would recomment doing it as there is a metal strap at the top of the fender well that holds the outside panel to keep it stiff. After that there will be a couple of bolts at the front bottom inside fender holding it there and then torx bits along the inside of the fender where the hood comes down in the engine compartment and three or four inside where the door hinges are. You might have to remove the door or if you have a long enough extension might not. That's how the front fenders are held on on my 92 sport 97 they might have changed the design but it's somewhere to start.

Add your comment to this topic!