front bumper and exhaust tip questions..

TransAm87
03-29-2007, 06:36 PM
so I've noticed some cracking in the paint on my bumber, to me it seemed normal but it led me to notice that there is no firebird emblem, something that I never thought much of until I noticed that almost every trans am I've seen has it, so now I'm wondering if it's possible that its not the original front end on the car?

The other question is about the rust on my exhaust tips, It's not bad and barely noticeable but since I was driving the car in the winter it's caused them to start rusting is there anything to get rid of or clean that or are the tips just screwed now?

blindeyed
03-30-2007, 12:03 AM
It's possible that the bumper may have been replaced. But it's also possible that the bird emblem was taken off. I took mine off because when I bought it part of the bird had already cracked off, so I just removed the rest of it.

As for the exhaust, I'd try sanding it down, and if they're chrome or polished tips then I would get some polishing compound and try shining them back up.

bag91
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
It's possible that the bumper may have been replaced. But it's also possible that the bird emblem was taken off. I took mine off because when I bought it part of the bird had already cracked off, so I just removed the rest of it.

As for the exhaust, I'd try sanding it down, and if they're chrome or polished tips then I would get some polishing compound and try shining them back up.
chrome polish...if there not too badly rusted....

TransAm87
03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
thanks for the suggestions, i tried the chrome polish and it helped, but unfortunatley some of the rust is pretty set in, its not very noticeable though so i guess that's the bright side of it..

poormillionaire2
03-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Just by new tips if you don't like the rust.

bag91
03-31-2007, 01:48 AM
Work on em with chrome cleaner and the rust should come all the way out....
you just have to spend some extra time

Add your comment to this topic!