Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help

ryanshupe
03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
1990 s10 today when i was driving home i started to slow down a little bit then hit the gas to speed up, when i did the truck hesitated and my dashgauges dropped then a couple seconds later the truck accelerated like it was suppose to. drove it a couple more miles started doing it again but this time it stalled so i started it up again after a few turns... then about a halfmile later did it again so i let it roll to the closest drive way got out and took off the air filter because i thought it might not be getting gas... i had my friend try starting it while putting his foot on the pedal and it seemed like it was getting more gas to the throttle body then it should be but would not start... i sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body and started it without hitting the gas and it would run for a couple seconds..... any help would be greatly appreciated! pump,filter?????

twistedtech
03-29-2007, 09:32 PM
@ first read I would say the fuel pump is on it's way out. Need to have a pressure gauge on it on get a reading. If it needs 60 and is only getting 45 it will not run.

mbrocuglio
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
That happened to me too my problem was a positive battery cable that went through the moter mount bracket that broke. The cable was only held together by a few strands.

Add your comment to this topic!