Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dash lights and tail lights not working, headlights and brakelights work

brokenaxl
03-29-2007, 05:23 AM
OK, it seems like every time I have trouble with my cd/radio in my 2001 odyssey, this happens. I took it to my mechanic and he reached under the steering wheel and in about five seconds, got them working. Now I have replaced the radio with another factory honda radio due to cd issues, when I reconnected the negative battery cable and turned the ignition, the same problem. My mechanic told me the first time, it was the switch in the steering panel, but I don't know, why did ne just reach under the steering column and fool with some wires or relay and get them working? It worked for a year until I did this.

Please help, wife needs car tonight.

brokenaxl
03-30-2007, 02:52 AM
OK, that was simple........fuse was blown for the tag light. I guess the instrument panel and tail lights are on the tag light fuse.

aaroncward
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I had the same problem after installing an aftermarket radio- Carmax said they had no idea how to get the tail lights or instrument panel lights working.
Which fuse is for the tag light? This was a fuse and not a relay?

Thanks!

aaroncward
10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
OK- the fuse is located on the passenger side by the passenger's feet. #10 was out. I disconnected the orange wire for my aftermarket radio and replaced fuse #10. now my tail lights, instrument panel light, and radio all work!

ohadam
07-12-2011, 01:35 PM
The dash lights, tail lights and "headlights on" chime are all on the small light/license plate light fuse, #10 on the passenger side.

Add your comment to this topic!