Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 monte z34 wont start

fastmoney
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
My sister has a 95 monte carlo 3.4 engine 175,000 and she drove the other day and when came back from work it would not start

It cranks like it wants to start but dosent i pulled the plugs and they had gas on them possible flooding. so i put them back in and sparyed carb cleaner into the throttle and it still wouldnt start .I guess that rules out getting no gas and fuel pump?

I dont know what to check next. im trying to get a scanner to see if any codes are in the computer but i dont think engine light was on.

any suggestions? thanks

Leighanna
03-31-2007, 12:43 AM
My car did that one day, I came home and went back out and it would not start, puzzling I know since it happens out of the blue. For me it was my Mass Airflow Sensor, it was bad. My car would crank and crank but nothing, like it was out of gas or flooded...but it was just the MAF. I am not saying this is the same thing because I am definately not a pro when it comes to my monte, but I am learning slowly that they are very picky cars. (I also have a 95 3.4, 144,000 miles)

fastmoney
03-31-2007, 01:22 AM
ok ill look into that i dont think im getting any spark though so i ll have to research as far as what causes that thanks

fastmoney
04-01-2007, 08:20 PM
well today i put the car on a scanner there were no trouble codes but it said quad 1 bad and
quad 2 bad
tc slip 1
i believe thats the computer like i said its getting no spark so i might try to put another computer in and see what happens

Leighanna
04-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I just learned one coil pack is out on my car causing it to flood out. The bad thing is this problem is causing raw fuel to be dumped into my exhaust and now that too has to be replaced. Maybe you should look into that since the coils and plugs go together.
I am learning as I fix my car, every time I fix one thing something else goes out...and it all has to do with the fuel and oxygen parts.

fastmoney
04-03-2007, 06:24 PM
well the coil does fire but im going to try to change it because one of the post on the coil dosent fire i switched wires around to make sure it wasnt the wires and it not .It still wont start maybe weak coil but i know for sure atleast the coil that fires the plug on the passenger side in front dosent fire at all.

Add your comment to this topic!