Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A little O-T, but Car Modeling should appreciate it

DSM-Mark
03-27-2007, 12:39 PM
The full P-man shine procedure on a 1:1 scale car. I don't think I could drive on a public road after spending all that time and money though.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=347865&page=1

Katsura
03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
All that, just for a Vauxhall Corsa...

I respect the effort he put in, just, misguided? :lol:

Iceman Kimi
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Zymol products are very,very expensive...

i remeber a video,a Maserati MC12 washed by a Zymol boy...

12000$ for the threatement...

ok,is surely the best way to keep your car shining but...is "insanity" to spend 1/3 of what the car costs to wash it?

i wash my mini cooper about...monthly...

i thinks this things are for the Enzos,the MC12's or the SLR's...

not for a VXR Astra...

in my humble opinion,obviously...

bhop73
03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Those "after" shots look like one of Kunta's paint jobs. :cheers:

I agree with you guys that that kind of treatment is a waste on a daily driven car.. I assume that's no weekend/showroom car. Here in Los Angeles, it'd be dinged within a couple days.

fwdfreak
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
The tv show Fifth Gear featured him in one of their episodes, he must love cleaning cars :)

Iceman Kimi
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
imagine if he live close to a beach...a sand storm...

LOOOOL...

or...bird poo...

asd

auw12
03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
imagine if he live close to a beach...a sand storm...

LOOOOL...

or...bird poo...

asd

loooooooool

mikemechanic
03-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Read some of the responses. Great stuff, sounds like they feel the same way we do.

Mike.

amusegt1
03-27-2007, 07:17 PM
WOW! That is some awsome detailing work!

And I think it just depends on the person. If a person likes his cars clean, he will put the money in to make it perfect, no matter what car he has. For example, I wash+clean my MCS every week and detail it every now and then. If i did it for a friend, i would enjoy doing it because its what i like to do but most importantly, its the end results that make me happy. This person is like that too. He might not have a MC12 or an Enzo, but he will still take the time to clean it like the supercars. Its also a part of being a huge car nut, you want to keep your car as nice and clean as possible. And i think every car nut hates it when his/her car gets rained on, poo'ed on, and gets scratched anyways. So why do we still keep our cars so clean even when we know something is bound to happen? Its because we love our cars and like to take care of them. Just think of this as "fun" for the owner of the car. You might not see it as "fun", but i might be for them.

(sorry, if it sounds a little weird, but im a little drunk.)

blubaja
03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Ot..but usefull. Can't wait till we get these in the states..as Saturns!!! Albeit, very detuned:(

bhop73
03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
...Albeit, very detuned:(

That sucks.. what's the point.. we almost always get the shaft when it comes to sports/sporty cars.

Iceman Kimi
03-28-2007, 05:50 AM
WOW! That is some awsome detailing work!

And I think it just depends on the person. If a person likes his cars clean, he will put the money in to make it perfect, no matter what car he has. For example, I wash+clean my MCS every week and detail it every now and then. If i did it for a friend, i would enjoy doing it because its what i like to do but most importantly, its the end results that make me happy. This person is like that too. He might not have a MC12 or an Enzo, but he will still take the time to clean it like the supercars. Its also a part of being a huge car nut, you want to keep your car as nice and clean as possible. And i think every car nut hates it when his/her car gets rained on, poo'ed on, and gets scratched anyways. So why do we still keep our cars so clean even when we know something is bound to happen? Its because we love our cars and like to take care of them. Just think of this as "fun" for the owner of the car. You might not see it as "fun", but i might be for them.

(sorry, if it sounds a little weird, but im a little drunk.)

i understand...if a person like to have a clean,shiny car...

what i not understand is why spend 1/3 of the car value to a stuff that will be no more between 3 months...

the zymol threatment have a duration of 6 months...if my memory trouble...

gotcha313
03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
I think most members in this board (and especially my person!!!) are a littlebit crazy. Spending huge ammounts of money for plastics or resin is not anybodys cup of tea. :lol:

I'm for myself owning an Lancia Delta Integrale and I paid € 300.00 for a cleaning with Swizol. OK its not a MC12 or an Enzo but it is now very shinny and it's not an every day car for me.

The time I saved while the guys in the garage cleaned my car I spent on trying to get glossy paint on my models.

Cheers Thomas

Iceman Kimi
03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I think most members in this board (and especially my person!!!) are a littlebit crazy. Spending huge ammounts of money for plastics or resin is not anybodys cup of tea. :lol:

I'm for myself owning an Lancia Delta Integrale and I paid € 300.00 for a cleaning with Swizol. OK its not a MC12 or an Enzo but it is now very shinny and it's not an every day car for me.

The time I saved while the guys in the garage cleaned my car I spent on trying to get glossy paint on my models.

Cheers Thomas

ok....an Integrale needs this...

:grinyes:

i love your car,i'm probably in the way to have one in future (a Pearl White maybe...)

but gotcha,hope you agree with me...300 is not 12.000...

gotcha313
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
but gotcha,hope you agree with me...300 is not 12.000...

Oooh yes!! I do! :icon16: After talking with my bank-manager.

Iceman Kimi
03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Oooh yes!! I do! :icon16: After talking with my bank-manager.

:iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!