Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Nissan Frontier Purchase

s2002h69
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I have been looking around at the Frontiers because I think they are a sweet looking truck. I can't afford new, so I've gone back a few years and found this one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207266343&dealer_id=58261755&model=FRONTI&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&engine=&certified=&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=25&make=NISSAN&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&address=15042&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=

I took it for a test drive and it rides nice. I found a few items that I wanted the owner to look into, such as, shifting into 4WD seemed a little difficult and his fog lights were burnt out. He also told me that Nissan replaced the engine at 31,000 miles because it was making a noise that they couldn't find. I looked at the receipts and it said "internal engine failure".

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is to get some opinions on this truck. I can't decide if I want to buy it. I think it's a pretty good deal, but I always debate with myself on whether or not it's a good purchase or not.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

kris
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Check into the 100k mile warranty, as it does not cover everything.

It is hard to tell by a picture, but they are solid trucks. Also, superchargers on these tend to start having problems upwards of around 100k miles. You also need premium gas, which can be a pain if the extra price bothers you.

s2002h69
03-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was told the 100K warranty was bumper to bumper. I was an additional purchase my the current owner and it would cost me $50 to transfer the warranty to me, which I think it's worth it. Why the premium gas? What would 87 octane do to the vehicle? That's all I buy for my vehicles anyway.

Thanks

nissandoc
03-30-2007, 05:59 PM
the reason you have to use 93 octane is that if the ecm detects spark knock on the super charged engines it will open the dump valve for the sc and the truck wont have any power or at least very little power.

Add your comment to this topic!