Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nascar craftsman truck series

gulfclk
03-27-2007, 05:59 AM
I really want to built a nice Nascar Truck. Nice colour scheme, add some details like wiring, ... but here in Europe, it's hard to find any good kits.

Therefore, fellow builders, can someone tell me where to find:

- 1/24th scale kits
- good ref pics

Thanks a million,

Tom

freakray
03-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Have you tried Ebay?

Revell makes kits of the older Craftsman trucks.

gulfclk
03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Have you tried Ebay?

Revell makes kits of the older Craftsman trucks.

Yep ... I tried ebay but it's difficult to find something decent. I also want a kit with at least a good basis for super detailling ... so perhaps some people have an idea which one is best.

Also the ref pics ... difficult to find for a European guy!

tigeraid
03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Yep ... I tried ebay but it's difficult to find something decent. I also want a kit with at least a good basis for super detailling ... so perhaps some people have an idea which one is best.

Also the ref pics ... difficult to find for a European guy!

I'd still suggest ebay... any of Revell's CTS kits are great, and since it's NASCAR, the decals/paint schemes you can choose from are endless--find your favourite driver/paint scheme using google images, and then look through ebay for "NASCAR decals"... you're bound to find his.

As far as reference pics, EXTERIOR reference pics can be found through google images... You can also try Jayski's NASCAR site for more detailed pics, but I'm not sure about finding interior or engine pics for the trucks. A lot of stuff done in the cars is done in the trucks though.

Here's an example of a GREAT kit on ebay--this is one of my favourite drivers and one of the best kits there is:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/REVELL-16-Ron-Hornaday-Jr-Chevy-Truck-1-25-2519-NEW_W0QQitemZ230109416248QQcategoryZ16510QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here's an example of some great decals:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/24-DuPont-truck-1995-Scott-Lagasse-Nascar-decal_W0QQitemZ140099732251QQcategoryZ145963QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just gotta scour ebay under Model Kits -> Automotive -> NASCAR til you find what you want.

Add your comment to this topic!