Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

drifting?

feedthafire
03-26-2007, 07:21 PM
well im not done getting my fd on the road but the date is soon and im tryna learn how to drift... what do i need i mean is my rear end fine? like a camber kit or anything anything else i dont know.. im learning i mean my friend has a 240 and he trys to drift but he just does big circles and thinks hes drifting....any comments please and you can hate on me if you think im tryin to be a follower or what not you wont hurt my feelings

L-Spec
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
AutoX. Join, participate, learn the limits of the car. After that, it should come naturally, really.

drftk1d
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
doing donuts is drifting

find a place (preferably something sanctioned, since they are safe and the law wont hassle you) that's away from houses do some donuts and get a feel for the car sliding.

feedthafire
04-01-2007, 11:03 PM
i guess what im really asking is the way the suspension is set up stock i can drift with it? im having motor problems right now im never gonna get to drift but im saving up for ls1:)

drftk1d
04-04-2007, 03:22 PM
I saw an V8 RX-7 do pretty well at formula d qualifying (until it spun). Lots and lots of smoke are great!

you can drift the car stock but of course with increased skill/experience/seat time and mods you'll have more control over the car

Add your comment to this topic!