Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Repairs repairs repairs :(

pinyo8
10-10-2002, 05:38 AM
Hi guys,

Need more help from you guys out there. It must be that age where my car where parts are wearing down in my car and I need to know which parts I can use, etc.

So here are the parts I need to get:

engine mounts. Front, left, right, rear. I dont need all but I just want to know just in case.

CV joints. They are now making clicking sounds. (Might as well find out about axles and driveshafts as well).

Once again, thanks guys.

Setanta
10-10-2002, 06:30 AM
No chance at all of getting them in Australia I'm afraid :( Honda Australia don't give a shit about JDM Hondas - arseholes. Try Honda NZ who will get the parts in (they even have the database). Moppie is your best bet.

LHS (passenger) engine mount was about 150 bucks Australian as I recollect, but expect a 3 month wait as the parts have to be ordered from NZ, the machines tooled up for the mounts in Japan, manufactured, sent to NZ and onwards to Australia.

I was thinking of seeing if eurothane could be cast inside the existing mounts as a quicker fix - well, maybe when the next mount goes.

Don't get the XSi mount - your air-con hose won't mount to it and ED SiR and EK VTiR mounts are different.

I'm trying to find a place to reco my CVs too - 220,000kms and it's going to be time to do them soon. No luck so far as they are huge compared to the Aussie EDs and there don't seem to be other kits for them.

Again, NZ might be the answer.

pinyo8
10-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info Setanta, I rang up Honda NZ and ordered the engine mounts already (front $105NZ and rear $155NZ). It should only take 3 weeks to get here so thats pretty good.

Also, with regards to the CV joints, I asked them and the part is the same as the 1900 Honda Integra LS. For example, my radious rod that I broke, was from the Integra. Apparently this is because the EF8 front end (EF9 as well I would guess) is the same as the integra as the Integra was the first car to get the VTEC treatment and they built up their foundation from this to build the CRX/Civic. I have also recently found out that the front disc are also from the Integra. Those guys at Honda NZ are really helpful unlike the bastards here. And to think, the parts are not actually more expensive at all.

Another REALLY bad news for me today is that my car has decided break down when I was driving. Luckily, it broke down as I turned into my street. I was giving it a pretty hard time and suddenly, all power lost and the engine turned off and the yellow engine light turned on. Tried to start the engine, hear lots of sparks, but it just wouldnt start. I've been having trouble starting my car recently where sometime the fuel pump doesnt seem to switch on when I turn the key to ACC or when the fuel is low.

Here is my very important question, do you think its the fuel pump, and if it is, is the fuel pump different to that of the aussie CRXs. I need to call a mobile mechanic and want to get the car back on the road ASAP (especially in time for the cruise). If anyone have had the same problem or can help me on this one, it would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the long post.

Add your comment to this topic!