Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lsd?

Veetec
10-10-2002, 03:29 AM
What are the pros and cons of using a LSD? Which other parts do I need to install it and use it properly (new clutch?)? How long do you need to install it? Is it worth to install it on a stock (engine) 5th gen? Do I have to adjust it somehow? Is there anything else I should know about it?
Sorry for all the questions but I´m really interested in getting one.
Thanx in advance!

civickiller
10-11-2002, 06:34 AM
ive never heard any cons of using a lsd, only good stuff. i forget what it was, but something like when your taking out the stock differential, there something in there that will probably break when you take it out with the differential, so you need a new one. you dont need a new clutch. i would suggest taking your tranny down to a shop to ahve it done. if your talking about putting it in a stock engine prelude, then go for it, cause h22's are sweet so yeah. its always better to have both tires grip than just one. you wont need to adjust anything.

Veetec
10-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by civickiller
ive never heard any cons of using a lsd, only good stuff. i forget what it was, but something like when your taking out the stock differential, there something in there that will probably break when you take it out with the differential, so you need a new one. you dont need a new clutch. i would suggest taking your tranny down to a shop to ahve it done. if your talking about putting it in a stock engine prelude, then go for it, cause h22's are sweet so yeah. its always better to have both tires grip than just one. you wont need to adjust anything. Thanx a lot for your help! I´m a bit broke in the moment but when I got some money again I might get one.

Add your comment to this topic!