Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

**** HELP **** Looking for a really really really really rare model!!!!

tomazws
10-10-2002, 02:37 AM
Hi guys.. I've been lookin for this model for more than a year... It was like... 5 to 6 years ago I got this as a present from my uncle.. A model of Toyota pick-up (92' to 94'?) it was the pick-up before Tacoma ever came out. It has the rear fenders sticking out for an extra pair of wheels on the back (it's a 6-wheeler)... the box art of the truck is pink. The scale I don't think it's 1/24th, I think it's a little bigger than that.. but i'm not too sure... But the thing is... I forgot which company made the model, but I'm sure it's an American company... so if you know what model I'm talking about.. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! If u know where I can get that, ohohohohh... :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper

Honoturtle
10-10-2002, 02:59 AM
I found a Toyota 4x4 pickup, maybe you can do somekid of conversion. But it's in 1/20th scale
Here's a pic
http://www.modelexpress.net/images/LIN_72506.jpg
By the way it runs for 15.50 at model express, here's a link Model Express (www.modelexpress.net)

Hope this helps

Jonno
10-10-2002, 03:02 AM
I don't know if you remember, but there is the Baywatch pickup in my gallery at www.briansmodelcars.com, ( I converted it to a bush rangers car)

Honoturtle
10-10-2002, 03:06 AM
I found the same model I listed above for$10.00 USD at Ebay
here's a direct link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1774458171

tomazws
10-10-2002, 03:28 AM
omg omg thanks for ur help!!! thought yall gonna laugh at my drawin or sometin :p :p :p yup i guess i might have to do some convertions :D

thanks again

Honoturtle
10-10-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by tomazws
omg omg thanks for ur help!!! thought yall gonna laugh at my drawin or sometin :p :p :p yup i guess i might have to do some convertions :D

thanks again
No problem.......... Except now you owe me $500 USD!!!!!!!!!!:finger:

Nah j/k :) Happy to help:)

Purpura Delujo
10-10-2002, 06:27 AM
My dad had a Hillux like that kit, was a dual cab though. I've always wanted to make it, does anyone make a dualcab early 90s Hilux? Jesus that thing hauled arse! We out ran try hards in their little crappy "doof doof" Exa "turbos", Civics, Excels & CRXs the odd Commodore or Falcon. The look on their face was so funny, I bet all they thought was "shit man, I just got out run by a Diesel Hilux with a tray full of plumbing tools!" I swear it had been worked on! I'm pretty sure we popped over 160 in it once :D Fun days!

freakray
10-10-2002, 08:43 AM
Jonno,
BMC doesn't allow linking from exterior sites anymore, since it was found people were using it to store photos and link from other sites.
Sorry, but your link won't work.
I have never even seen a Toyota Dualie, did they make one?
I have seen various Toyota pick-up models at www.modelexpress.net though.

Ray

Lownslow
10-10-2002, 09:28 AM
I have never even seen a Toyota Dualie, did they make one?

Yes they did a big 1/20 fucking pink one i had a couple and yes theyre getting scarce they also have a hardbody as well lots of options on them love the duallies on them

freakray
10-10-2002, 10:14 AM
I meant driving on the roads lownslow, I pretty much figured they made a 'fucking pink model' of one since somebody is asking for one.:D

hirofkd
10-10-2002, 11:34 AM
tomazws: Your description sounds like a variation of Aoshima's 1/24 Hilux 4WD.
I've seen the extended cab on auction, but not the six wheeler. If you wait a while, it might pop up.

tomazws
10-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Thought I found it, on Udisco Online (http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/ btw they got massive Lindberg kits and are really cheap), the 1/20th Toyota Dually by Lindberg (72575).. thought I called and they said they have 4 left... so I bought all 4 thru their website... but got this mail today:

Hi Thomas
We are sorry we were sold out on this kit .We got false reading from our computer and upon checking we realized there was no stock.
-Mark

*sigh* Guess I really have to go with the 4x4 and do some massive lowering jobs.. called Model Express to check how many Toy 4x4 they have, and they only have one left... yay! One is good enough... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'll see if I should get the Baywatch Toy Truck too.... that pick-up looks crapy though :( :( :( I think I'm on a mission to get all the last Toy Trucks in the world :licker: :licker: until they come up with ToyTacos...
|
| ToyTaco so nice...
|
V

Jonno
10-15-2002, 06:30 AM
HAHAHAHA, look at the crappy picture!!! :finger: :D ;)

Add your comment to this topic!