Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intermittent Window shitch prob..

dawnnewsome3
03-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Reciently purchased a 1994 Q45 has a passenger window switch problem , sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ,also the seat & sterring auto ajustments when the key is turned off stoped working . The memory buttons work fine . any thoughts? thanks for any help.

maxnix
03-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Check your cancel switch on the left of the steering column.

You may need a new regulator for the window.

dawnnewsome3
03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the help I'll check them both , odd thing is I noticed the door lock does not work when you look all doors but the seat controls work . Going to pull panel and check all conections and voltage as soon as i find the time.

dawnnewsome3
03-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Started to check problem and window worked fine , so i rolled it down started the car and it quit working. So turned it off and it worked well i checked other windows nothing , looked and switch was 1 notch from lock , so turned on ignition switch all work but that one, turned switch back to 1 notch before you press button to remove key that window works . Anybody had weird ignition switch problems like this also auto seat return stoped working to , could ignition switch cause these problems?

maxnix
04-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Yes, if it is too worn. Other things might also, like bad connectors or even BCM.

dawnnewsome3
04-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the help.

dawnnewsome3
06-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Well I was wrong inside the door is a box the controls both the window and the power door lock for that door it is called a front power window control module also called P/W amplifier box there is one on each door behind the panel. Hope that helps some one down the road

Add your comment to this topic!