Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Bravada Power Seat Problems

YooperJ
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I have looked at the other threads on Power seats but mine seem different. :banghead: The seat works at intermittent times. I always seem to have power at the orange wire that connects to the seat harness. The fuse/circuit breaker (wherever they are) must be okay since the passenger seat works without a problem. I attempted to remove the seat but it is IMPOSSIBLE when the seat is all the way back.:shakehead You can't get at the inside rear anchor. I was able, after about an hour of putzing around, to get the seat to move all the way forward and gain access at the cover to the inside seat anchor which is screwed into a bracket. Behold, the fastner, a T50 Torx head bolt!!! Why use 3 nuts which fasten to studs that you can easily remove and one bolt that you can't? The end of the bolt extending under the vehicle is rusted bad and you have to fight the gas tank to get to it!! Sprayed it with MasterBlaster and attempted to remove with a T50 socket. All it did was strip out the inside of the bolt, socket is fine:uhoh: Tried a large vise grips but NO luck. ANYBODY have any ideas????

Looking to disconnect the lumbar but according to the other posts there should be a connector at the rear of the seat with a purple and black wire.......not there anywhere!! Looked up a wiring diagram for a 98 in Mitchell Manual:disappoin and it didn't show any wire colors except for the power coming in (orange wire). ANYBODY know where I can find a wiring diagram for this??

I got the seat adjusted for my 85 year old mother and then disconnected the wiring and put the seat anchor nuts back on for now.

These seats have the 2 button memory and lumbar along with the normal seat movements. Not heated.

Appreciate any help and sorry for the rambling on, but at least it's good reading.:frown:

Chris Stewart
03-23-2007, 11:34 PM
You may have to drill or cut the bolt...here's a good excuse to buy one of those super cool dremel kits :>]
Sorry about the blue/black lumbar wiring not working on the 2000's, a factory service manual shows up on eBay every now and then.

Add your comment to this topic!