Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NNL East on 3/24, anyone going?

bobss396
03-22-2007, 06:58 AM
2 days until the greatest model car event in earth! The location is the PAL building in Parsippany NJ, off Route 46, exit 47 which is Baldwin Rd.

If you need more detailed directions and show information, do a search on NNL East 2007 and you'll find the site.

Bob

freakmech
03-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Went last year, dont know if i can go this year. dont want to go this year cus i have NO MONEY. That show sucks when you have no money!:frown: last year i spent close to $300.:disappoin

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-22-2007, 07:28 AM
I went last year, but I won't be going this year.

And since A/F started putting ads in the body of the original post again, I won't be posting much here either.:banghead: :shakehead

drnitrus
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I went last year for the first time. I was a nice show. Ill be attending again with a couple of builds this year.

lumpulus
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
There are better shows out there....NNL is just a popularity contest.
The LIARS show is just as good or better IMHO.

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-23-2007, 02:54 PM
There are better shows out there....NNL is just a popularity contest.
The LIARS show is just as good or better IMHO.

Why do you say that?

The NNL East is amazing; 2000 models, some of the very best models/builders in the US, the best group of vendors for model cars in one place...the only downsides I see are that it's over so quickly, it gets a bit crowded, and I guess if you go to a show expecting to win trophies, you are in the wrong place since it's people's choice and there are only a small handfull given out. The spirit of an NNL is against the traditional model car contests, it's more of a model car show with a few awards that are secondary to the show at large. I get way more inspiration going to a show like that and seeing so many incredible models in one place and talking w/friends from all over the US. It's a bit overwhelming, maybe you prefer smaller shows in general?

The only people I know personally who don't like NNL's are people who like going to small regional contests w/far less entries to compete against, because they have a better chance to win trophies. Their inspiration is winning trophies. It's a different mindset than my own. I get such a surge of inspiration/energy from going to an NNL; from seeing new models and showing off my latest stuff.

bobss396
03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm partial to the LIARS show myself, since I belong to the club! We get around 200 cars there and it is judged which a lot of people like.

The NNL East is 10 times that car wise, so some pretty nice cars and builders get overlooked. Which is ok, since I go to meet people and stock up on parts, etc. The coolest part is that the people come from all over the US and some from Sweden, Puerto Rico, Canada and so on.

Bob

Add your comment to this topic!