Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 Cutlass Ciera 3.3 Crankshaft Sensor Gap Setting

tempfixit
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I changed the Harmonic Balancer recently on a 90 , 3.3 engine. I do not know the gap setting for the cranshaft sensor to harmonic balancer. If anyone knows the setting please post.

Thanks for info.

LS

dddaaa
03-22-2007, 05:55 AM
"A clearance of .025in (.635mm) is required on either side of the interrupter ring. Be certain to obtain the correct clearance. Failure ot do so will damage the sensor. A misadjusted sensor or bent interrupter ring could cause rubbing of the sensor, resulting in potential driveability problems, such as rough idle, poor performance, or a no-start condition."

HOW DID YOU GET THE BOLT THAT GOES THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE HARMONIC BALANCER OFF? i HAVE A BREAKER BAR BUT CANT GET THE BALANCER NOT TO TURN WHEN I USE BREAKER BAR...HOW DO YOU GET THE HARMONIC BALANCER NOT TO TURN WHEN USING TORQUE ON BOLT???

THANKS

I changed the Harmonic Balancer recently on a 90 , 3.3 engine. I do not know the gap setting for the cranshaft sensor to harmonic balancer. If anyone knows the setting please post.

Thanks for info.

LS

tempfixit
03-22-2007, 06:15 AM
I used a friends electric impact wrench. It took a little bit of constant vibration from the impact wrench but finally turned out.

thanks for the info and good luck,

DodgeG
03-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Lock the fly wheel from bottom (need to open small cover from bottom).
Then you can use the breaker bar.

Add your comment to this topic!