Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Help 13b REW

banditkiller
10-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Hey all i was wondering how much money it would take to put a stock 13b rew in a 86 fc3. to me it seems like all i would have to do is just get the ecu and change some few minor things to make it fit. any comments any body has towards this would be helpful. thanks guys

mtlisi
10-09-2002, 03:34 PM
It wouldn't be difficult, but it may not be worth it. Very few people would actually choos to put the sequential turbo system into a new engine. Actually the 13B-REW does have a few improvements but building a 89'-91' single turbo motor would be a better starting point as far as expense is concerned. There weren't enough changes to make it worth the effort. And most folks change out the sequential system with a simple higher flowing single turbo system. Just a thought.

banditkiller
10-09-2002, 09:31 PM
i was planning on putting a single turbo upgrade and some other improvements on the motor but as far as just having the motor was what i was concerned about and whether or not it would work thanks for the response

RXtony7
10-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Honestly I don't think it will work. You are better off using a S4 or S5 13B turbo if you want a turbo car. But going from your 86 N/A GXL to a turbo won't be a very easy trip nor will it be cheap. You will need a turbo ECU, turbo tranny, and some other things. Good luck though:smoka:

banditkiller
10-10-2002, 09:22 PM
the ecu is not a problem i can get 1 for about 700 $ the only problem i c is getting the tranny the motor will cost a total of 4k with the turbo upgrade and injectors and what not only thing i could see that will cost time and money is making room for the i/c and piping but i know some people who are great fabricators either way this is just 1 of my plans if i do keep my car but thanks for the advice

Add your comment to this topic!