okay... just a few questions.

hondaman09
03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
alright so... if someone's got an engine swap, turbo, all these crazy mods under the hood... and they to decide they'd like to put a body kit on their honda. is that something you'd call a "ricer"? i mean really. if you've got a fast car... why not make it look like it too?

another thing... i really don't understand why there is so much hostility between "ricers" and "tuners". if someone just wants their car too look "ricey" let em do it. it's their car. this doesn't make sence to me why it makes people so mad to see ricers.

if people that do a little ext. work in addition to their engine mods are "ricers", then what are all those cars in import tuner? are they "not real racers"?

i don't want to start anything. i'd just like to know.

00accord44
03-21-2007, 02:14 PM
People are still being called "ricers" out there in the world? Dizamn. I thought that had gone the way of "colored" and "gook"

But no it is not ricey to make some exterior mods to your car with or without engine mods. What IS "rice" is ridiculous window stickers for products you do not have installed, god awful park bench wings, 6 pairs of foglights, fake intercoolers, etc.

But everyone's definition of rice is different. To some people, mostly idiots, huge stickers and giant wings are perfectly acceptable. Oh and don't forget to add that primer painted body kit... then spray paint it

CivicSpoon
03-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Do what makes you happy and don't worry about what other people think. I personally don't like most things that people do to their cars, even things that aren't considered ricey by most. But I can still appreciate quality workmanship. And that's where the thin line is; between quality and half-assed workmanship. If you just throw parts on and don't take the time to make it look right, it's going to look like ass. Leaving gaps between body kits and panels, having a color scheme that doesn't go together, don't properly align parts, buy cheap parts with horrible fitment or that don't function properly (i.e. cheap, poor quality, & leaky tail lights). Basically do it right or don't do it at all, and that goes for ANYTHING. If someone doesn't do something the right way to their car, they deserve to be made fun of. A guy who blows up his $10,000 600whp engine, because he didn't want to take the time or spend the $ to get it properly tuned, deserves to be made fun of just as much as someone who puts on a set of $10 tail lights, huge aluminum wing, and unpainted body kit that has a 1 inch gap on 1 side and a 2 inch gap on the other.

Add your comment to this topic!