Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car or bike?

DavidKim91
03-20-2007, 10:50 PM
would you rather prefer a sports bike or a car...

im thinking about buying a vehicle just to get me around..
i was thinking about cars at first but now i kinda want a bike because.. well i geuss it cheaper on gas, but its alot more dangerous for a young driver. cars are good too cuz i can have other people in it..
what do you guys think and why?

PlayStation3
03-21-2007, 06:18 AM
car cause of safety and you would need a car anyways because of weather.

Andydg
03-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Bike!

PlayStation3
03-21-2007, 01:48 PM
is it for joy riding or your dd

DavidKim91
03-21-2007, 03:12 PM
it would be just for fun..
but when i get to university i would probibly just get a car..
fun of driving and some daily driving but not far..
oh and i live in a very very small town so i will only being going on 2 lane roads for most the time..

dkitt10
03-21-2007, 06:44 PM
my buddy does that, hes in grade 12 now, had his bike since 11th grade cbr 600 f4i

in canada so very seasonal. but tiny town of 5000 people one main street kinda thing...he rides it spring summer fall, and borrows his dads truck in winter

DavidKim91
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
LOL.. WTF:screwy:
does ur friend live in a town called Belle River??>?
lol i live in a town of 5000 ppl and one main road.. and very seasonal..
lol

dkitt10
03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
what province, were both in st. paul alberta

DavidKim91
03-21-2007, 06:58 PM
oh lol..
nvm
i live in southern ontario...(the boonies or ontario)
that why i wanna get a bike.. there is nothing but fishing around this area..:banghead:

DinanM3_S2
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Cars are more practical in pretty much every sense. If you live where it rains a fair amount, a bike makes a terrible only vehicle, especially a sport bike with extra slick tires. Cars can carry people and things where as a bike can't. Cars are also far safer.

That said, you can buy a bike for fairly little money that can compete with Ferraris and Porsches in a line.

Do you have much experience with a motorcycle? A good option might be buying an inexpensive bike to learn on to see if you can live with one as well as an inexpensive car. Starting out on higher powered bikes is asking for trouble.

DavidKim91
03-21-2007, 08:59 PM
well i dont really carry much..
isnt it ok to ride a bike with a back pack on?
and i dont have too much money and i was thinking about takeing the motorcycles classes to learn. i have little to no experience with motorcycles.
i just want one because it is any easy way of transportation and i can get alot more mpg on a bike than a car.. and even if i had a car i wouldnt drive people very often....
but then a car is safer... are bikes reliable what is alot of milage on a bike..?
like on a car i know that i probibly shouldnt buy anything over 170 000
but is it lower on a bike???

Fire-3
04-01-2007, 02:29 AM
well i dont really carry much..
isnt it ok to ride a bike with a back pack on?
and i dont have too much money and i was thinking about takeing the motorcycles classes to learn. i have little to no experience with motorcycles.
i just want one because it is any easy way of transportation and i can get alot more mpg on a bike than a car.. and even if i had a car i wouldnt drive people very often....
but then a car is safer... are bikes reliable what is alot of milage on a bike..?
like on a car i know that i probibly shouldnt buy anything over 170 000
but is it lower on a bike???

Bikes don't last nearly that long, especially sport bikes, however it's much easier to find an old bike with not many miles on it. Carbs mean extra yearly maintenance, also valve adjustments and the like. My bike does OK on gas, 40 mpg, but it's only a 550.....some cars do better than that. Look into Yamahas if you want the best gas mileage out of a cheap bike.

Overall, you should definitely get a car. You'd probably end up spending at least $700 for the bike, plus $100 for the helmet, for only a 6 months worth of riding. Biking should be considered a HOBBY, like snowmobiling, for us northerners, not something practical. You can get a car for $1000 if you look hard enough. Look into an Oldsmobile, Regal, or Grand Prix with a 3800 or 3300 V6.

freewill07
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
I have a car but I want to try a bike also. I want to have both at the same time. Just use the bike for fun ;)

2005mustangGT
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
car would be better for a couple of reasons-can hold more people-better saftey-can be driven in the winter-taxes are lower than on a bikegood-luck

Add your comment to this topic!