Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

crown vic wont start

rooster1971
03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
99' vic i have done all the stander checks and have traced it down to drivers finder where the fuel relays are some times they make a clicking nose on & off and I have put in new ones I think it is in the wireing lome making a bad circit I have herd the same storys of the same problme from other vic's is there a ford fix for this ? can any help PLEASE?

hotrod_chevyz
03-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Have you checked the fuel shut off switch, and all the fuses?

When you turn on the key can you hear the fuel pump? If you listen close you should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on for a second then shut off.

butch h
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Are you hearing the relays in the fuse block?,or is it the starter relay near the battery? Does the engine turn over?,if not you probably will have to replace the relay. I am hesitant to reccomend "jumping" the relay, unless you have done this before. There is the possibility a lot of sparks (into your eyes or blowing up your battery).

rooster1971
03-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Have you checked the fuel shut off switch, and all the fuses?

When you turn on the key can you hear the fuel pump? If you listen close you should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on for a second then shut off.
Yes Done all that.

rooster1971
03-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Are you hearing the relays in the fuse block?,or is it the starter relay near the battery? Does the engine turn over?,if not you probably will have to replace the relay. I am hesitant to reccomend "jumping" the relay, unless you have done this before. There is the possibility a lot of sparks (into your eyes or blowing up your battery). Every thing is fine in the fues box near the battery, engine turns fine, all relays have been replaced and I have jump the relays

Add your comment to this topic!