Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel injection

chuck 159
03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I am looking to buy a 68 Galaxie 500 and i was wondering if there is any kits out there that would allow me to make it fuel injected instead of the carburetor? what would be the prices of these kits?

taco85
03-18-2007, 10:26 AM
as a matter of fact there are kits out there for fuel injection. you dont say which motor you have, but it doesnt matter. juts order a copy of Jegs (jegs.com) or summit (summitracing.com) and look in the back of the induction section. if you just want to replace the carb with fi, then Holley makes a bolt on that bolts in place of the carb. you dont even have to change anything else. it is a complete standalone throttle body injection system. other wise edelbrock and, holley, and accel also make conversion kits that change out the intake manifold for an fi unit, once again, stand alone system. I am planning on putting the holley tbi system on my '67 that i am gonna buy in a few weeks.

MagicRat
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I agree. Take a look at the Holley Pro-Jection. It's easy to install, retains the stock intake manifold and works well.

Add your comment to this topic!