Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is Audi trying to kill Lamborghini???

Lamborghini
10-08-2002, 08:32 PM
At first I was really hyped about this new Lambo code named L140 but now I hear how Audi seems to be messing with it. First off, the L140 platform and I even think the engine is gonna be shared with their new lame RS something car(build yer own supercar Audi, you already make good cars). This is making the new Lambo more less special and more less like a unique and individual supercar that Lambo is known for. Most of the parts are gonna be built in germany with german engineering(not a bad thing but..) it jus seems like the car is going to be less Italian therefore less Lamborghini. And the fact that they are using Audi's engineers and methods for construction make this car a huge turn off. Is Audi trying to hurt the Lamborghini name. The new Lambo to compete with the 360, what a joke. Atleat Ferrari is the one making their own car.

I wish Audi would jus let Lambo make all their own stuff and fund them taking in some of the profit, not making the car and slapping a Lambo badge on it.

New Lambo or 360? 360 please, atleast it is what it is, an all bred Italian supercar not some car that has been whoring around in other countries and that has a sister car.

I hope I am completely wrong:(

gemballa
10-08-2002, 09:48 PM
all that youve said its completely true!
in the first years of lamborghini they only made the cars for people who could afford them!
know they are building a lamborghini that will cost $125 000 !
audi is doing that because that way they can get more money out of the cars!
remember that a lamborghini was a very special car at their times!
they are making a car that more people can afford they are building cars in huge numbers and that didnt happened before!
i youst think that lamborghini will end up like alfa romeo or something like that!:(

allanf
10-09-2002, 11:52 AM
the new car is going to cost approx. 170,000. it will still be a very rare and awesome automobile.

Menu dei Motori
10-09-2002, 02:26 PM
LAMBORGHINI Gallardo

Powered by an all-new V10 engine pumping out over 500 Bhp, using permanent four-wheel drive and a fully adjustable, electronic suspension setup, the performance figures for this 1400 Kg heavy new Lamborghini model will be impressive.

The "Baby-Lambo" goes public on March 2003 on Geneva Carsalon, the delivery will start after the 40th Anniversary of the factory - after May 2003. Price: around

€ 130.000,--

allanf
10-09-2002, 02:37 PM
i have an order on the new car, #12 on the list. i am told to expect msrp to be around 170,000. when the murcielago came out it was supposed to be 238,000 and its 274,000.

Menu dei Motori
10-09-2002, 02:43 PM
when you have ordered one u must be right!

congratulations to your Lambo!

and i want so see pics when u fetch it!

sircursealot
10-10-2002, 05:37 PM
The new Audi RSR (which is not lame as you have stated) will only share platforms with the new baby Lambo. This is a cost cutting method, so price will stay in the 360 range. And with Audi helping Lambo, this car will be much better than it was originally intended to be.

Menu dei Motori
10-11-2002, 06:11 AM
sure the costs will be much lower...
but a lambo won´t be "the special car" anymore... :-(

LB2003
10-11-2002, 07:19 PM
dont know:confused: i whait this new model ,now Lamborghini enguine Audi:( , Lamborghini enguini Lamborghini :D

jsb88
11-07-2002, 09:29 AM
that exactly does the car look like? Is it exactly like the L140?

Add your comment to this topic!