Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Leveling Kit

LilRedBoTie
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Has anyone here put a leveling kit on the Titan. I have a 2004 King Cab LE that has the off-road package and I hate how much higher the rear sits above the front. I was wondering how it would affect the suspension and which kit would be the best to use. Any comments on it would be nice thanks.

mxracer111
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
better late than never. i have installed a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit i got from ebay for like 70 bucks. the type i got bolts on top of the strut. only thing you need to do after you install it is to get the front end allined. i love the way it looks. truck still rides the same but looks 100 percent better. i have a 2006 crew cab LE black with tinted front window, these trucks look awsome

LilRedBoTie
05-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Ya the only ones i was looking at were the ones that go on top of the strut. I dont like the ones that go in on top of the spring cause they cause the strut to fail prematurely. Well I think I might have to go order it then. If you dont mind me asking do you have an intake? i was looking at those too. I had a K&N intake on my old truck and loved it but I didnt know if there was a better one for the Titan or Not. Thanks for any help. I love my Titan more than any other truck i have had

06chill
05-11-2007, 10:00 PM
the titans do very well with an intake and they sound good. lots of people i know have them and ive drove one with and without and with deff made a diff on the top end when the titan tends to top out

Toolman5523
05-20-2007, 11:28 PM
The biggest problem I have seen with them, is when you put any weight in the bed, it squats something horrible.

redmansioner
05-25-2007, 02:12 AM
it will depend on the stuff ,but as far as i know leveling kits are usualy included in the package.:grinyes:

LilRedBoTie
06-02-2007, 02:41 AM
Usually included with what package if i may ask? My truck didn't come with one if tats what you mean and I have the off-road package. I don't know if they do now but I haven't heard that they do

54warrior
08-01-2007, 07:53 AM
PRGPRODUCTS.COM

Best leveling kit available. Awesome guy to deal with. Extremely knowledgeable about Titan's specifically. Great customer service.

There are no Titan's available with a factory installed leveling kit. As someone noted earlier, the ones that go ontop the spring are a huge problem. They will destroy the shock.

The majority of the spacers that install ontop of the coilover itself are fine. I still recommend the PRG version though. Note that there are different versions for 2wd and 4wd trucks.

You can't go wrong with a leveling kit, won't affect your ride at all. You may have to get an alignment afterwards.

Try out Titantalk.com or clubtitan.org for a plethora of information.

Add your comment to this topic!