Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking to upgrade cars, or keep same car and upgrade it

acoch22
03-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I have a 95 honda civic dx coupe and I am looking for something a little more faster, lets say around 200hp. I want to spend around 10g. I have looked at some cars but am still having trouble finding out about a lot of them. I am looking for something very reliable and that has aftermarket parts. Or should I get a new engine for the old civic and upgrade that?

sickcallawayc12
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
you can get some serious power let alone 200 if you upgrade your engine and make it strong enough for a turbo. you could also look at a subaru impreza 2.5 RS coupe.

acoch22
03-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I know I could get the dx engine up to 200 but I wanna start out around 200 or near there. It would be a waste to get this dx engine with already 180,000 miles on it and upgrade it, I want something that could last. I will check on that impreza though.

sickcallawayc12
03-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Subaru's are sweet cars for performance. Many subaru engines are bolt in for the most part, many turbo companies can turbo an impreza or you can swap a factory turbo engine with a turbo crossmember. You may have to change the tranny also along with wiring and such but awd with serious power and torque is a good combo. I am researching for an awd wagon with good power and/or good power potential and i'm looking at the subaru wrx (out of your range, but worth every extra penny) and an audi a4 1.8 turbo (probably 96-00). Audi's are kinda expensive to maintain and many people think they're unreliable, but audi's who have good owners who take care of them properly and keep every single service record are definitely worth looking at. a chip alone from an authorized audi aftermarket company (APR is a big one) will bring performance numbers comparable to a WRX. Audi's aftermarket is very big too. Adding a bigger turbo can bring you around 350 horses on stock internals, and that's before doing extensive work and/or swaps. these cars can be made very fast, pretty luxurious, and are really solid cars overall. Once again though, kinda expensive to maintain, but if you work on your own cars, then it's still definitely worth checkin' out.

Add your comment to this topic!