Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Questions about rear suspension (air mainly)

Glowin-Alero
03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Well I'm pretty new to the Park Avenue scene (and this forum! woo), I've only had mine for about a month.
Anywho, I was playing around with the air leveling suspension sensor today to see if deflating them (by simulationg through the sensor arm that it sohuld drop the pressure to lower the rear a bunch) but alas it didn't seem to work, maybe got a little bouncier in back, but nothing more.

So my question is.. has anyone lowered their Park Avenue in this way? Or does it just not work?

And it seems to me that those 2 coil springs in back are prime to be reaplced with airbags.. but aside form that I haven't done much figuring.

Anyone got any more info on air ride? (I searched through a few apges and couldn't find anything really)

wrightz28
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I do believe the primary function of the leveling system arm is to only act as a switch to activate the pump in the even of weight load to the rear.

HotZ28
03-16-2007, 10:42 AM
In addition, the rear springs are computer matched to the ALC system. The springs and air assist struts are designed to work in harmony with each other.

Glowin-Alero
03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Ah, ok, so I guess it won't work like some Lincoln's and such, where the air strut thing controls a lot of the ride height. Well thanks for the answers guys, I guess time to work on planning other ways to put a drop on.

Add your comment to this topic!