Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for wiring diagram, random issues with 2k Amigo

miltont
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Ok, first, I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for a 2000 Amigo. I took the amigo to the dealer a month ago for a CEL problem, which I posted on here about. And in the end, they replaced a sensor, and then "fixed" a bad ground b/c they said my Diagnostic cable was giving screwy readings.
I was doing some general maintenance on the car (changed spark plugs) and I noticed that I had some cut wires just sitting there on the top right corner of the engine bay and I had no clue where they went and a wiring diagram would help explain where these wires went.
I'm listing all this b/c i'm having random issues with the car, they might not be related:
The amigo takes awhile to get started, usually 3-4 cranks with with each crank lasting about 4-5sec.
Second my High beam indicator will turn on even when normal headlights are on (I've kinda fixed that by unplugging the battery for a bit, but now the indicator won't turn on at all)
And third my abs sensor is on...but i'm just throwing that in for kicks, b/c i'm sure thats my speed sensor thats dead (by the way, anyone wanna do a walkthrough for me on changing the front left one)

I'm attaching the pic of the cut wire. I'm pretty sure it isn't the squirrels thats done this...so if anyone could offer any help, thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7359029@N06/421379423/

trooperbc
03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
all i see is the bundle insulation opened up? it sure does look chewed. i wonder if the shop didn't do it trying to troubleshoot the electrical issue that the attributed to a ground. have you asked them? and if it's them, get them to repair it.

//bc

Cat Fuzz
03-14-2007, 09:39 PM
4 or 6 cylinder? What electrical system do you think that bundle is for?

miltont
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
It's the 3.2 V6. I see the far bundle that looks a bit chewed (in the picture its running vertical). The wires i'm interested in are the ones running horizontal across the picture (kinda slanted). If you look, about half way through, its cut off, and all thats left is half of the black casing that Isuzu uses. I was trying to trace it just to see where it came from, but I get kinda lost. I really hate going to the dealer in town b/c they're morons. They just recently switched over to Volvos as their staple, even though they still sell some 'zus, and it seems their mechanics forgot how to deal with the 'zus.

I've circled what i'm curious about in my pic:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7359029@N06/422144944/

Add your comment to this topic!