Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Light-up Acura emblem installation help

CrazyFukr
10-07-2002, 10:23 PM
I got a Acura emblem that is supposed to light up when the headlights are turned on or something, it is supposed to hook up to a negative and a positive ground, but i dont know what/where that is.

dbartoschek
10-07-2002, 10:33 PM
yea...i've always wondered where all of those things hook up, that are supposed to turn on when the headlights are on (license plate covers (neon), LED exhaust tips, aftermarket fogs, etc)...i wouldn't mind someone educating me about it

Cyprus106
10-08-2002, 02:33 PM
You probably need a CHILTONS for your car. Either that or just check the wire running off your headlights and splice the other wire into it.

What you do is find the wire that turns on your headlights or driving lights (for the driving lights in my 2K Civic, it's green with a red stripe and runs along the right side.) You just splice that wire and hook it in and then hook the ground to any screw on the chassis. I installed one for a friend of mine and had one myself for 2 days but didnt like it. Same theiry with the neons for the license plate. Just check the wire(s) running from your taillights and if you don't want to look up which is the brake light and which is the night, just splice one and if the neons light up when you brake splice the other. It's a pretty simple theory

Add your comment to this topic!