Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Header on the Tc

awcforever
03-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I just put an H.P.R header on my tc, and it throws an engine code at bank #2 since the header eliminates the precat. I was wondering if any one knew the part no. for the anti foul washers for the Tc, or if there is any other method someone knows of to eliminate the sensor that would be great.

TheQuietThings
04-03-2007, 01:05 AM
the header doesnt eliminate the precat, it deletes the whole cat.

awcforever
04-03-2007, 10:40 PM
the header doesnt eliminate the precat, it deletes the whole cat.
Its not the cat, there is another cat after the flex, i'm almost posotive this is the precat, I could be wrong, but I've never seen a cat set right at the manifold. Reguardless, do you know of a way to do away with the engine code? I bought a scanner, and it erases the code, but it just keeps coming back. I'm sure someone else out there has put a header on the tC, SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO KEEP THE ENGINE LIGHT FROM COMING ON.

TheQuietThings
04-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Its not the cat, there is another cat after the flex, i'm almost posotive this is the precat, I could be wrong, but I've never seen a cat set right at the manifold. Reguardless, do you know of a way to do away with the engine code? I bought a scanner, and it erases the code, but it just keeps coming back. I'm sure someone else out there has put a header on the tC, SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO KEEP THE ENGINE LIGHT FROM COMING ON.

nope, youre incorrect sir. it is the main cat you are deleting. there is a secondary cat in the midpipe, which does not do nearly as much as the main cat.

doock87
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
If the parts store in your area is staffed by helpful people, get them to look up your primary O2 sensor. Then take the sensor to the anti-fouler aisle and start matching threads. If the sensor won't fit because it is too long, make sure the pitches match then drill out the anti-fouler so that it does fit.

Alternatively, I've seen O2 simulators on websites, but i can't find them now. They've either been discontinued or I'm not looking hard enough.

By the way, I'm looking to buy the Monster Motorwerks header over the summer. Which header did you buy? Did you notice any seat of the pants gains? Any added rasp?

awcforever
04-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I actually got to Scionlife first, but its the same thing. Thanks for the info, works great. The gains are nice as long as you have an exhaust system to go along with it. The stock exhaust sounds like crap with all the flow the header gives off, nothing to seat of the pants about the gain. But I will tell you this much, smack third gear doing about sixty and you'll really notice it.
BAAWWWWWWWWWWWL out!!! btw, mines OBX 4-1 stainless
If the parts store in your area is staffed by helpful people, get them to look up your primary O2 sensor. Then take the sensor to the anti-fouler aisle and start matching threads. If the sensor won't fit because it is too long, make sure the pitches match then drill out the anti-fouler so that it does fit.

Alternatively, I've seen O2 simulators on websites, but i can't find them now. They've either been discontinued or I'm not looking hard enough.

By the way, I'm looking to buy the Monster Motorwerks header over the summer. Which header did you buy? Did you notice any seat of the pants gains? Any added rasp?

Add your comment to this topic!